Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Vetter SS fairing works excellent on the V-ROD!
After trying several windshields made for the bike, all I got was turbulance and noise. I really want comfort for long road trips and the Vetter takes care if that. Cost: $150
I did have to modify the fairing a little to accomodate the wider forks.
The mounting bracket was the challenge on this tightly packed hi-tech
bike, but no modifications to the bike. Now the fun begins!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Brilliant! More pictures, please! I have been looking for one of those for a while. EBAY? More pictures of the brackets, too! I like it, and it sure looks functional! Joe

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
What kind of mods did you have to make in order for the bracket to fit?
Also what year and model of Fairing is it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vetter

Just bought a real nice Vetter Nightstalker fairing for $25.00 yesterday. I would really like to see some pics of the mounts that were fabricated to get the clean look you have on the V-rod.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think the trick is the way the fairing extends back toward the tank. The turbulance comes from air rushing up from the bottom, not over the top of the windshield. It looks like that extension blocks the airflow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up a vetter Windjammer 2 and a full tour pack mount off of a Honda cb900. Got the parts for $80. Just need to find the pizza box and the hard bags now. I was surprised to see another vrod with a vetter fairing. Glad to see it works and looks amazing!

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Vetter SS fairing works excellent on the V-ROD!
After trying several windshields made for the bike, all I got was turbulance and noise. I really want comfort for long road trips and the Vetter takes care if that. Cost: $150
I did have to modify the fairing a little to accomodate the wider forks.
The mounting bracket was the challenge on this tightly packed hi-tech
bike, but no modifications to the bike. Now the fun begins!
Awesome, I have an 81 Yamaha with a Vetter after market faring, hard bags and passenger seat. For now just the having as I have a set of leather throw over bags. I never put the two ideas together until I seen this post. Will turn the 81 Yamaha back into a bobber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts