Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a few sets of these chrome covers to cover the ugly frame bolts, they come in Plain, Eagle, and Flames. Picked them up at my local Renegade Classics motorcycle shop. 4 bolt covers to a pack for about $23.00.

If you guys go this route you will have to modify them to make them work. Remove the inner clips and use a dab of silicone and your done, looks much better then bolts!

Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice. I need some black ones.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Handydan, you should be able to buy these through J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk. I saw them for sale in those catalogs but it was cheaper at my Renegades store. Manufactured by Midwest Acorn Nut Company and packaged as CY-CHROME, chrome plated fasteners.

Roger

·
Banned
654 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
I like. The plain ones would suit me well.
i got the plain ones for mine at Auto Zone and used the metric holders on the 12 point heads on the brake calipers and silicon for the frame allen heads.

i think they were $19.99 for a pack of six.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Most ACE Hardware stores have a large section of Chrome fasteners and they have these covers as well.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
I like the frame bolts, says V Rod when I see them but I did change them out for chrome ones. M10's I believe.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Those are sweet-a$$. I need a part# please.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
rlemere06se hudss, the size I used to cover the frame bolts was 3/8".

Roger
Roger, I measured these last night on my bike and they were 5/8"! You sure you used 3/8"?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
T. Ray, it's not the size of the allen head bolt. These covers are for 3/8" bolt heads, 3/8" is the size that will fit over the bolts on our bikes after you remove the clips on the inside and use a bit of silicone.

Roger

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Roger - PM sent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts