Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else Very dissappointed in the lack of new parts and accessories. unless you have a 105th anniversary stuff we didnt get much new at all. Whats up P&A people why no love for the vrsc line

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
There is no love from the MoFo MoCo for us V-Rodders. We're either a tremendously loyal bunch or just incredibly stupid. :2cents:

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
tyson876 said:
Is anyone else Very dissappointed in the lack of new parts and accessories. unless you have a 105th anniversary stuff we didnt get much new at all. Whats up P&A people why no love for the vrsc line

Whats up with them only having one picture of each bike to look at also!!

I have to say I really don't give a shit about HD accessory's, I can go aftermarket for just about everything I want. I would however like to have a better look at the wheels on the new D model.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
smoothrod said:
I would however like to have a better look at the wheels on the new D model.
:them: Yeah I like the looks of those wheels too!

·
Registered
260 Posts
my dealer said the vrod was the bike harley would go into the future with.they told me anything and everything just to get me to buy it. ...I did and paid alot.now the dealer acts like the vrod is not part of harley and wont even talk about the total lack of support for the line.what did I do.I bought a kawasaki zx 1400 and ride it to the harley shop all the time. its a great bike.. big... fast as hell... fun to ride.I still ride the vrod and love it but harley only wants your buck and will do anything and say anything to get it.thats not a way that I want to be treated as I love the sport and have spent alot of money over the years on it.every time harley sells a vrod the guys in the back room are laughing at you. i have seen it. it could be the best thing that harley ever built but they wont . because it does not sell to the older harley guys and the patato..patato sound. they hated the vrod from day one and want the line to fail just so they can tell harley we told you so....harley gos where the money is.its the sound that people want with a harley and are willing to spend big bucks to get it.harley up dates the bikes only as needed but they will do anything to protect that harley sound.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
I want that black headlight and black instrument cluster on the Anny AW.....anyone got a part number? :laugh:

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
tyson876 said:

Although I agree with you, it is dissapointing that they is not much new stuff....but what do you expect?

I mean what would you like to see HD come out with?

I for one would love to see more electronics integrated. MP3 player for the handlebars that run earphones..maybe built in Navi...

Also I'd like to see some affordable wheel options. Not 1,599 per wheel and then you have to buy all new brakes and pullys...

Did you all notice that the 08 models have all the switch wiring in the bars?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
Also I'd like to see some affordable wheel options. Not 1,599 per wheel and then you have to buy all new brakes and pullys...
:them: :broke:

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
Although I agree with you, it is dissapointing that they is not much new stuff....but what do you expect?

I mean what would you like to see HD come out with?
I don't know about the rest of you but I am very upset we did not get the heated cup holders I was holding out for in 08' :soapbox:

·
Registered
92 Posts
tyson876 said:

Tyson- I agree, I am disapointed. I need a baseplate but heard it's very hard to get. With the night train and nightster around you would think I could at least get black frame for my license plate?!

I have loved every Harley I have owned, but I'm wondering if this was a mistake. I bought a Victory in 1999, I sold it because thier dealer network was almost nonexistent. I'm happy with my dealer, this isn't a dealer issue, but HD seems to not care about the VROD aftermarket or owners at all.

My dealer even mildly ask me if I was sure about trading in my 03 FLHRCI for the nrs. Maybe I should have read the writing on the wall. If it weren't for Central HD, I'd move on.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I'll tell you what is disappointing and that is the lack of accessories that my local dealer here in Charleston will carry on hand. They have MAYBE 3 accessories at any given time for the V-Rod. If you don't know where to look you would never find them. I e-mailed the store attention dealer principle and do you think I ever got a response? Hell no. I would think if you put some out there where owners could look and see them that they might sell more. I see V-Rods around town, I know I don't have the only one. Really, from past experience Harley needs to do a better job with ther chrome plating, from what I can tell, it just doesn't hold up so yeah, aftermarket may be the way to go.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
LL Cool K said:
There is no love from the MoFo MoCo for us V-Rodders. We're either a tremendously loyal bunch or just incredibly stupid. :2cents:
Oh Come now Kurt, they took what little accessories they do have for us and Re-Packaged them with the 105 Anniver. Logo. I know that I want 105 Aniv. Shite all over my 2002 bike.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
dbeadling said:
my dealer said the vrod was the bike harley would go into the future with.they told me anything and everything just to get me to buy it. ...I did and paid alot.now the dealer acts like the vrod is not part of harley and wont even talk about the total lack of support for the line.what did I do.I bought a kawasaki zx 1400 and ride it to the harley shop all the time. its a great bike.. big... fast as hell... fun to ride.I still ride the vrod and love it but harley only wants your buck and will do anything and say anything to get it.thats not a way that I want to be treated as I love the sport and have spent alot of money over the years on it.every time harley sells a vrod the guys in the back room are laughing at you. i have seen it. it could be the best thing that harley ever built but they wont . because it does not sell to the older harley guys and the patato..patato sound. they hated the vrod from day one and want the line to fail just so they can tell harley we told you so....harley gos where the money is.its the sound that people want with a harley and are willing to spend big bucks to get it.harley up dates the bikes only as needed but they will do anything to protect that harley sound.
:them: :them: :them: I hate to agree with you but I see your point and HOPE and PRAYER that MoCo boys read this thread!

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I'm not really bothered by it all. I like the fact that I don't look like every other bike at my dealer's parking lot. I find I go there more to show off what can be done to a V-Rod, rather than to buy parts. Their loss, my gain. The harder it is to get parts, the more unique I'm going to be.
I love the look of shock on their faces, as well as everyone around town who doesn't know what I'm riding but sure would like to.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
My dealer actually tried to talk me out of the VROD at first. The guy FLAT OUT said "a VROD is not a Harley and a lot of people don't like it". He didn't know that A)I had already demo-ed the bike and B)I had been in love with the thing since they came out.

We might be the red-headed step child of the bunch, but I like it that way. It makes the VROD community even stronger. That's why I'm here!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
My dealer actually tried to talk me out of the VROD at first. The guy FLAT OUT said "a VROD is not a Harley and a lot of people don't like it". He didn't know that A)I had already demo-ed the bike and B)I had been in love with the thing since they came out.

We might be the red-headed step child of the bunch, but I like it that way. It makes the VROD community even stronger. That's why I'm here!
Thanks for being here!:moped:

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Who gives a shit Tyson, :cook are still free!!! They can't top that one! :angeldev:

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
When the big catalogs come out there are always some new stuff in there to look at. There is the VRSC line and a bunch of multifit stuff to choose from. Scew your local dealer who dosen't stock V Rod parts. Go Zanotti's HD online and have them order it up for you at a 20% discount. I could get my local dealer to order it but I have no loyalties to them and could care less if their place burned to the ground.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I just ordered 50 of these and will put each and every one of them on my bike so that you cannot see that its not a 105 aniv model. And I am thinking of havong it tattooed on my ass.

·
Lifetime Member
5,213 Posts
My dealer, advertised as the highest volume dealer in the area, has a wall dedicated to VRSC accessories but THERE IS NOT A SINGLE PART ON IT.

This is really funny to me because they recently had there very first Bike Show and I won Best of Show and missed People's Choice by one vote. Everyone was all over the Night Rod.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts