Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This event attracts about 900 riders during mid August. This year we will be in South Burlington, Vt from Thursday August 19th to Sunday morning August 21st. These guy know how to put on a rally, the evening events are fun -- its a great party with excellent entertainment...

http://vtnhstatehogrally.com/

Hope to see you there, especially you New Yorkers who are just a short ferry ride accross the lake.

·
Live Free or Die
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a great time at the HOG Rally! The ride to Vermont was great. Although the traffic sucks in the Burlington area. They are realizing that road widening is necessary so there is also a lot of construction going on.

The weather was sometimes difficult, but we were able to ride in heavy cloud cover on Thursday. We parked under the Sheraton's canopy and the sky let loose with an hour of heavy rain. The next day we had better weather with lots of sun; skipped the poker run, did the other self guided rides. Parked the bikes knowing that it would pour rain all night into Saturday. The rain let up by noon on Saturday and the hotel lot dried out in time for Biker Games.

Afterwords, I polished my bike with Speed Shine pop-up towelettes and a micro-fiber cloth to prep it for the show. Figured that I'ld be the only V-Rod to show up, but two others -- with paint -- came in just before judging began and took 1st and 2nd place.

This is me after I finished polishing. The card on my mirror is a V-RodForums.com card.

I talked with three other v-Rodders at the rally. None had been to the Forums, handed out the business cards and had some good conversations. One woman from NH; a gentleman from up-state NY; and a two-up riding husband and wife also from up-state NY.

Did the usual HOG Rally stuff like Biker Bingo, hanging out in the hotel bar, saw Burlington and shopped, live bands the first two nights, awards banquet, comedy show on Saturday night. The only thing missing was the fireworks show.

Next year the rally is coming back to Loon Mtn Resort in New Hampshire, which is right on the famous Kangamangus Highway -- a favorite biker mountain road known for its high speed twisties. The VT & NH chapters really put on an excellent rally, I ran into an HD photographer who was sent out from Milwaukee because Enthusiast magazine chose to feature this rally alongside the national one in Richmond VA.

Sunday's ride home was spectacular in both VT's rural roads and NH's. We picked some obscure state numbered routes and got excellent riding roads. Although I do miss riding with the V-Rod group, these guys in my chapter are definitely out for plain old cruising. I can't tell you how many straight-aways I had to hold back the urge to WOT in the passing lane.

If you do hang out occasionally with your local HOG chapter, you should consider doing one of these HOG Rallies. They are tremendous fun and you meet people who ride in from all over the US. All you need is a valid HOG card, which all of you had for at least the first year after buying your V-Rod...

AND... those of you going to the National HOG Rally in Richmond VA (next weekend), have fun! I hear that the National rallies are 10 times more fun then the state ones! Ride safely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cannot wait for this years Rally in Stowe. Right next to Mount Mansfield. This is my first year owning a V-Rod and just moved to Vt in August.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts