Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So out of all my precaution to keep bolts straight and and not come up with the misc bolts that you dont know where they go...:banghead: I have three of these misc bolts, they are 5mm and like 7/8 of an inch long including the head...now the reason I think these are for the velocity stack is I can't find my Baggie for them. :spank: but I can't find the other three. So does these sound right for the velocity stacks?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Yes. Look in the lower airbox, or in the stacks. I seem to always have "extra" hardware! THen go buy new, and promptly find the missing parts! Joe

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
....I have three of these misc bolts, they are 5mm and like 7/8 of an inch long including the head...
... So does these sound right for the velocity stacks?
Yes except that these are 6 mm screws not 5 mm. 5 mm is the size of allen wrench that's used to remove or install these.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes except that these are 6 mm screws not 5 mm. 5 mm is the size of allen wrench that's used to remove or install these.
Thanks for the correction this is what I meant! :bash: I will try and find the missing three otherwise I'll hit up the dealer and see if they have any in stock..

·
141hp/91 Ft lbs tq!!
295 Posts
Stripped velocety stack bolt

So out of all my precaution to keep bolts straight and and not come up with the misc bolts that you dont know where they go...:banghead: I have three of these misc bolts, they are 5mm and like 7/8 of an inch long including the head...now the reason I think these are for the velocity stack is I can't find my Baggie for them. :spank: but I can't find the other three. So does these sound right for the velocity stacks?
Do I need to tap the hole and go with a bigger fastener? It's running topless under a k&n filter with both stacks removed so the bored out throttle bodies have no resistance breathing whatsoever.

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
....It's running topless under a k&n filter with both stacks removed so the bored out throttle bodies have no resistance breathing whatsoever.
This is a bad idea.

The fuel requirements will be dramatically changed from what an engine with velocity stacks requires. The velocity stacks are an integral part of the "tuned intake" system. Running without stacks shortens the intake tract and moves the resonant frequency to higher RPMs, however, if the ECM isn't reprogrammed to compensate for this the engine could run very rich in the normal resonant RPM range and very lean in the high RPM range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts