Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

a about to change the stock pipes and need an extra push in the right direction. Was about to purchase the Baffled black powder coated Tab slash cut when the old owner of my bike stopped and showed me how his old ones turned rusty within a year. So, I started to check on others. Am now in between the V&H widows and CFR in the attached pics. The price is nearly the same and need any advice from previous owners of these brand.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would consider the V&H indy pipe too....

But if it's between the widows and the cfr I would go with the cfr, I dont have any experience with it but have heard nothing but good things.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i had the cfr on my D model and it looked and sounded great, its not near as loud as portrayed either.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had the TABS on my bike for a few months. I liked them but wanted to go with a 2 into 1 so I got the CFR. I love my CFR and if you want them toned down a bit you can get the new baffles for them from Vmod. Expect to scrape when leaning hard to the pipe side though. :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi all,

a about to change the stock pipes and need an extra push in the right direction. Was about to purchase the Baffled black powder coated Tab slash cut when the old owner of my bike stopped and showed me how his old ones turned rusty within a year. So, I started to check on others. Am now in between the V&H widows and CFR in the attached pics. The price is nearly the same and need any advice from previous owners of these brand.

Thanks

what year is your bike?

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
If you want great sound and great "behavior" on the "street" , the CFR is by far what you want. And yes, it's very loud in the mid to upper RPM's but tame enough to ease in and out of your neighborhood.

IMO also the best looking and best built.

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want great sound and great "behavior" on the "street" , the CFR is by far what you want. And yes, it's very loud in the mid to upper RPM's but tame enough to ease in and out of your neighborhood.

IMO also the best looking and best built.
So what about performance?

·
Registered
225 Posts
does anyone have reviews on the rinehart 2 into 1's or the bub 7 2 into 1's... b/c i was looking at them or the CFR's... (im not trying to hijack the thread)considering they are all similar styled exhausts

·
Registered
878 Posts
does anyone have reviews on the rinehart 2 into 1's or the bub 7 2 into 1's... b/c i was looking at them or the CFR's... (im not trying to hijack the thread)considering they are all similar styled exhausts
Reviews? there are about 1,000,000 reviews on here

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reviews? there are about 1,000,000 reviews on here
@ Bpunk360; No u r not hijacking anything, every time I open the thread I completely forget about these two models, as Hotdog is saying there is alot but I think that they are more pricey than CFR.

The only thing that they all share I think is the tendency to scrape if you lean to the right, can some one from the experienced bikers around here highlight this more?

btw, I know this is not the proper location, I need to change my rear left signal light and I like to do it my self (may be it's a stupid request)

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
i have a cfr and like it. remember its a slip on. its lighter than stock but not near as light as other full systems. if you have an older bike and would like to run a tuner that has O2 bungs, most newer full systems come with O2 bungs already there. with the cfr you have to buy the bung and weld them in your old stock head pipes. i had access to a nice welder so that never made any difference to me. if not, your going to have to pay someone to do it for you.
not trying to tell you what you should do, just something to think about
oh ya, who cares what we like, its what you like.

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a cfr and like it. remember its a slip on. its lighter than stock but not near as light as other full systems. if you have an older bike and would like to run a tuner that has O2 bungs, most newer full systems come with O2 bungs already there. with the cfr you have to buy the bung and weld them in your old stock head pipes. i had access to a nice welder so that never made any difference to me. if not, your going to have to pay someone to do it for you.
not trying to tell you what you should do, just something to think about
oh ya, who cares what we like, its what you like.
need every one to know that am completely new to the bike world, so didn't understand any word from the above statement, are u talking on the full system or the slip on?

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
slip on is a pipe that slips on to the stock head pipe. the head pipe bolts onto the motor and curves about 2-3 feet. the cfr slips onto the stock head pipe. a full system is complete, motor on down, replaces the entire exhaust system. when you get a new pipe, you need to re tune your bike so it is not running a air/fuel ratio lean. there are many tuners out there. some you need to have tuned on a dyno, and some tuners you can install O2 bungs and the "new" tuner will read the exhaust gas and tune you bike for you. older v-rods had no O2 bungs and newer ones do. i think its something like 07 or 08 and newer have the O2 bungs. no dyno time for a O2 type tuner.

this help at all?

·
The Pharoah Rider
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
slip on is a pipe that slips on to the stock head pipe. the head pipe bolts onto the motor and curves about 2-3 feet. the cfr slips onto the stock head pipe. a full system is complete, motor on down, replaces the entire exhaust system. when you get a new pipe, you need to re tune your bike so it is not running a air/fuel ratio lean. there are many tuners out there. some you need to have tuned on a dyno, and some tuners you can install O2 bungs and the "new" tuner will read the exhaust gas and tune you bike for you. older v-rods had no O2 bungs and newer ones do. i think its something like 07 or 08 and newer have the O2 bungs. no dyno time for a O2 type tuner.

this help at all?
This is a great help !!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
So what about performance?

Performance is great IMHO. You are not going to get get noticeable gains with any pipe regardless of some claims. But by behavior I meant runs great in all modes, putting and WOT. Very well thought out and tested design by a V-Rod owner himself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts