Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Make mine Vance & Hines!

Well, you're asking the right bloke, as I have just got back from our local dealer here in Townsville, after comparing my V&H fitted bike with my new Power Commander set up, against their HD SE 16 equipped, reflashed demo 2004 machine.
Both bike have the SE filter.
Results, the SE 16g machine is certainly louder. It DOES NOT have the torque of my bike, and my bike would be the more sweeter of the two. I probably put that down to the Power Commander. My machine is definatly stronger.
Of interest is the fact that Aussie 2004 models do not have the smaller primary sprocket compared to US machines.
The pipes certainly have the same basic layout, the difference being V&H one peice rear shield. If your shop makes you stick to SE due to warrently, then that's understandable, but the V&H is a very good product. You will need the Power Commander or Race tuner due to the EFI being out of wack though.

Best wishes.

Ken.
:cheers:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Still a bloody good price though. They did get down to $410 US on Ebay at one time.
I was going to import them from that bloke, but thought I'd better do some local PR and buy from my Aussie dealer. $1200AU!

Best wishes.

Ken.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.