Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the V&H powershots the same as SE 16 ga's??? They kinda look the same.

Whats the skinny on V&H pipes? Any better sounding than SE's or better HP?

Leon

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
They look the same, but I'm not sure if they are or not.Somebody, here knows.

·
Need for speed
54 Posts
I heard V&H makes the SE 16's.The V&H is one piece that looks like two in the rear. I was going to buy them and the dealer said I would void the factory warr so I did the SE 16.The bike runs good but I would like a little more tone. I have not heard the V&H
Jeff

·
Registered
284 Posts
Make mine Vance & Hines!

Well, you're asking the right bloke, as I have just got back from our local dealer here in Townsville, after comparing my V&H fitted bike with my new Power Commander set up, against their HD SE 16 equipped, reflashed demo 2004 machine.
Both bike have the SE filter.
Results, the SE 16g machine is certainly louder. It DOES NOT have the torque of my bike, and my bike would be the more sweeter of the two. I probably put that down to the Power Commander. My machine is definatly stronger.
Of interest is the fact that Aussie 2004 models do not have the smaller primary sprocket compared to US machines.
The pipes certainly have the same basic layout, the difference being V&H one peice rear shield. If your shop makes you stick to SE due to warrently, then that's understandable, but the V&H is a very good product. You will need the Power Commander or Race tuner due to the EFI being out of wack though.

Best wishes.

Ken.
:cheers:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Jeff Ryndak said:
I heard V&H makes the SE 16's.The V&H is one piece that looks like two in the rear. I was going to buy them and the dealer said I would void the factory warr so I did the SE 16.The bike runs good but I would like a little more tone. I have not heard the V&H
Jeff
Jeff,

Is this the same shop that puts Sampsons on V-Rods (Seminole / Central FL HD) :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on the warranty thing :mad: ;)

Mark

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good info Ken.

Thanks.

One of the reasons I ask, is that I saw some V&H PowerShots on Ebay "buy it now" for $425.00. Seller had 3 on hand...

Leon

·
P.E.
71 Posts
FYI

I saw the same auction. The seller continues to put up the auction after it expires. The auction was been on EBay for over a month now with the same quanity.

:2cents

·
Registered
284 Posts
Still a bloody good price though. They did get down to $410 US on Ebay at one time.
I was going to import them from that bloke, but thought I'd better do some local PR and buy from my Aussie dealer. $1200AU!

Best wishes.

Ken.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts