Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the Powershots on their V-Rod or has anyone heard the pipes on another V-Rod? From what I understand, V&H makes awesome pipes for the air-cooled HD lineup and I would like to buy their pipes for my V-Rod before it comes in so I can have the dealer mount them right away. Any info that anyone has will be greatly appreciated :cheers:

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
I heard the VH and liked them the best of what I had heard-- vmods, stock, SE, samsons, but I ended up with a supertrapp. it's really ugly, but the sound is AWESOME (no discs, just open), makes it worth the look. I really wanted the 2 into 1. They say the turbo techs are the best and they are 2 into 1.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Dont forget the D&D 2 into 1 system, it Rocks! Allot louder and more power than the Powershots, Depends who you talk to on the power between the D&D and the Turbo Tech. But I belive the D&D is Louder.

IMHO Force are the Loudest and Samsons are total Junk. (Experience Talking)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the power shots on my V-Rod.. Did not notice a big power differen but they sound awsome and look great.. They look close to stoke but less bulky..

·
Registered
59 Posts
VrodMike,

I have the V&H on mine. I do not know what a stock one, or any other exhaust system on one sounds like to compare it with :hmm:.

To me they have a little rumble when ideling, and sound more like "traditional" Harley's when you barely tap into it.

A friend of mine with a Fatboy wants me to take the baffles out and hear it. :thumb:

RedDog

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
RedDog said:
VrodMike,

I have the V&H on mine. I do not know what a stock one, or any other exhaust system on one sounds like to compare it with :hmm:.

To me they have a little rumble when ideling, and sound more like "traditional" Harley's when you barely tap into it.

A friend of mine with a Fatboy wants me to take the baffles out and hear it. :thumb:

RedDog
I buddy has V&H on his FatBoy. I always thought it sounded too much like a tractor. We pulled out the baffles, and it sounded great. However, it was too loud for anyone to ride next to him. We ended up cutting off half of the baffle and tried it. Much better sound than with full baffles, but now you can stand to ride with him.

So try cutting part of the baffle and ride with it. If you want more sound, then cut more off. Just know that you are taking back pressure away from the engine and might need to re-calibrate.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
I installed the Powershots after having Samson Short Slashers on the bike. The powershots gave me the sound I was looking for without making my ears bleed. Nice idle rumble and the Harley growl when twisting the throttle. I like the sound and looks. They are a lot louder then the SE 16 gauage, if that helps any. In fact V & H makes the SE 16 guage for Harley.

·
Registered
30 Posts
V & H powershots sound really good. If you like it even lowder the inserts can be removed in one minute. [Too loud for long rides.] I had them on my v rod for about 1000 miles. Changed back to stock pipes "modified" because I prefere the look. My V&H powershots are like new still in box. If anyone is interested I'll sell for $350.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anybody using the Bub exhaust? Heard one the other day and thought it sounded and looked great.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts