Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vance & Hines 28T/HD flash runs like crap Please help.......

I have installed the 28t pulley and V & H exhaust....like the sound without the baffles but the bike runs like crud :tmbsdow: ...had my dealer do a pulley pcm program and this helped with the speedo but the bike still runs bad...I think it is in bad need of a power commander but I am not that up to date on the correct one I should purchase. Also, I would like to find the one that does not require the dealer to install. My dealer does not seem to know much about the bike and would would rather install the item myself (ie: user friendly) The cost is not a factor........I just want it to run correct. Any info of your experiences and what you think will fix this is welcome...Please remember I want to run without the baffles.

I have an 02

Thanks in advance to all that help!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How easy is this to do..can I do @ home on my laptop or do I need professional help on doing this???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think your best chance of getting it running pretty good without having to have it dyno tuned would be a Power Commander. There seem to be a lot of maps out there, and there may be one that fits your setup. However, it still may not be perfect depending on how well the map was done and how well it maps to your conditions.

You could get the HD Screaming Eagle Race Tuner as well. I think there is a group purchase for that still active from this forum. The Race Tuner will let you do just about anything (it re-programs the speedometer if you need it too), but there aren't near as many individual maps available. It comes with maps for the two Screaming Eagle pipes that harley sells. One of those pipes is made by Vance and Hines (the double barrel ones) and I would imagine the map for those pipes would be similar, but with the baffels out even that may run you lean...

Basically there are a lot of options for tuning and reprogramming the ECM nowadays, you just need to figure out which is going to be the best for you. The Race Tuner costs the most, but is the most versatile. The Power Commander may get you what you need the quickest and easiest though... (And cheaper..).

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
------------------------------------------

More info for you.

n e w p r o d u c t s

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO EFI RACE FUELER

Tune the fuel flow on your EFI bike. The fueler can electronically add fuel in much the same manner as increasing jet size on a carbureted system. It allows for quick tuning for the addition of less restrictive, free flowing intake and exhaust systems. The Fueler offers bands of adjustment that take into account operating ranges, such as idle, acceleration and steady speed. The Fueler is a self-contained unit that requires no computer interface. Adjustments are made by setting fuel, RPM and accelerator pump potentiometers, with changes monitored on LED indicators. The compact unit is designed for plug-in installation, and the small size allows the Fueler to remain on the bike for convenient tuning. Tuner affects fuel delivery only and can not change rev limit or spark timing. For race application only.

32132-04 $224.95

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How reliable is this race tuner..can I plan on having any problems or are any problems known with this application????

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also..is this part available now...I would like to order. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts