Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the pipe on the 07 DX Yet. I bought a set and stripped the bike down but the rear pipe of the Indy does not fit. It has too long of a curve and is hitting the plate that sheilds the gas tank. I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem or V&H has shipped me the wrong pipes for the 07 model. Any help would be appreciated......thanks

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Dude are you trying to kill yourself from ink poisoning?

Just busting balls! I have over 60% of my body tattooed. I think the frame is wider on the 07 for the bigger gastank. Pics in my gallery of the Indy on my bike. Give V&H a call to confirm. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am going to give them a call in the morning. I do like the look of the pipe and it looks good on your bike. I might have to get a freind of mine who is good with stainless to modify them a bit. I will keep you posted

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Joe at V&H and he said that they are putting them on the 07's so he does not know what the problem is but he said I could ship it back and they woudl modify it. I told him that I would have it done locally as I have to shorten it up too so it won't scrape the pavement. I gave it to me guy today and should be ready to mock up on the weekend. I will post some pics so anyone else interested in these pipes on the DX will have the info.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I was told by by more than 1 dealer and V-MOD that the Indy pipe was made for the destroyer motor only! In fact even if it fits the pipe is going to be very hard to tune for the street. V&H never mentioned that? It's a great look though. Interested how it works out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I like what Badvr has done. That's a sharp looking bike. V&H told me the pipe works well on the nightrod except for right turns and I am going to change the depth of the pipes so the don't hang below the frame. I bought the baffle for it to help with the sound levels and if there is not enough back pressure I will put in some cones. Hopefully there are no problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the front pipe cut and changed now just waiting for the rear to be rebent. Fits quite well and now it is above the frame at the bottom of the bike. Have to wait till Monday now for the rest. Another week without the bike.....

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just left this at another thread, it's the new Indy Series Pipe from V&H. They made it a little higher for more ground clearence and youcan get it with a black ceramic coating.
View attachment 96659

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Opus said:
Just left this at another thread, it's the new Indy Series Pipe from V&H. They made it a little higher for more ground clearence and youcan get it with a black ceramic coating.
View attachment 96659
that exhaust looks really good,but looked up the vance and hines website and cant find it on there?

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
very cool fyckin' pipes man, the best lookin you can get,

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
jimlowe said:
that exhaust looks really good,but looked up the vance and hines website and cant find it on there?
found it, it was on their race site

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cool. This is the pipe I want. I was worried about ground clearance though. Can you tell us exactly how you are getting the clearance. Where did you cut them and how much etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
of course, they would make a redesigned pipe after I bought my Jug huggers for my DX. Oh well, still don't look that good for street usage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts