Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Muscle owners

I've had my 2010 Muscle for a week and a half. Ran stock the first week but found the stock pipes too quiet and was looking forward to having the Vance and Hines slip-on mufflers installed - I ordered them "sound-unseen" the day i bought the bike. They went on on Saturday and sound great, except I'm finding them too loud at times. They set off multiple car alarms in my condo garage and on the freeway the drone gets to me after awhile. Has anyone found a muffler (I want the headers to remain stock) that's a happy median between stock and the V&H slip-ons?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
V&H makes a baffle insert for the slip-ons that reduces sound level somewhat. I got the inserts but havent decided if I want to put them in just yet. I am getting used to the louder exhaust note and my friends say its not that loud. I can look up the part # if you need it.. Cost is about $60.00 delivered direct from V&H.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My favorite accessory for the bike!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bear, if you want to get rid of the V&H's...I'm lookin for a set.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the V & H slip-ons on my '09 muscle. I installed the insert baffles right off, and they aren't too bad. It is a little quieter than without according to several people who have heard both. 2-4 db's is what they say. You can see the pictures of them at http://vhmotorsports.com/product_zoom/vrodmusc-compseries-slipon/slip-ons.html
probably get in trouble for putting up that link. I need to read the rules again. At any rate, I am certainly glad I added the extra quiet down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the V & H slip-ons on my '09 muscle. I installed the insert baffles right off, and they aren't too bad. It is a little quieter than without according to several people who have heard both. 2-4 db's is what they say. You can see the pictures of them at http://vhmotorsports.com/product_zoom/vrodmusc-compseries-slipon/slip-ons.html
probably get in trouble for putting up that link. I need to read the rules again. At any rate, I am certainly glad I added the extra quiet down.
Hey Kanju

Very helpful response - thank you. I placed my order this evening and should have them next week.

Thanks again.

RSB

·
Registered
251 Posts
1phat -

If the baffles don't do the trick (see post above) I may be interested in selling.

I'll keep you posted.

RSB
Bear, Thanks & good luck with the baffle. If it doesn't work out with the baffle just PM me.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
If you take the time to read the rules this is what you will find. Almost nothing that pertains to V-Rods and their improvement is prevented from being posted. "

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. Any files, photos or other items you upload to the forum will be considered property of the forum. All post and information you post on this forum will be considered property of the forum and you do so knowing it will be available to the general public.

The management of 1130cc.com reserves the right to limit links to known hate sites of the owner or the forum itself. Posting of published restricted links will be considered a violation of the rules and may be subject to termination of your account and blocking access of your IP. "

Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts