Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
james
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i maybe in need of a shifting fork and i search but no answers to my question... is the vnh shifting shaft and fork better or worse than the stock ones??? i seen some one say back in 2008 it may wear out the shifting drum... no results in what happened... how many shifting forks are there???

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
i maybe in need of a shifting fork and i search but no answers to my question... is the vnh shifting shaft and fork better or worse than the stock ones??? i seen some one say back in 2008 it may wear out the shifting drum... no results in what happened... how many shifting forks are there???
I've never heard of a V&H shift fork.

The VRSC bikes have three shift forks:
1st/3rd (35428-01K),
2nd (35429-01K),
4th/5th (35430-01KA, improved in 2005).

V&H has a shift shaft (35-0055), 2nd gear set for VRSC (35-9006), and 2nd gear set for VRXSE (destroyer, 35-9001).

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Haven't used them myself, but yes they do exist. ...
Looks like a 2nd gear shift fork from the pictures but it doesn't actually specify which one it is. I suppose the solid pin is better for drag racing but I haven't heard of problems with the OEM forks in street use except the pre 2005 4th/5th fork.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
That shift fork and the 2nd gear upgrade, ( which lessens the gap between 1st and 2nd gear ) are more for race applications, although V&H does in fact sell a street bike application for the 2nd gear upgrade. I'm currently running it in the 1430cc motor that they built me for my V-Rod Bagger.

That being said they didn't want to install it when I had the motor built. They felt it wasn't required.

·
james
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i priced the stock shift drum kit and all three shift forks and shifting shaft for just over 500.00 hopefully when i open it up i don't run into a bunch of busted gears. i didn't find any metal in the oil or the magnetic plug so i m hopeing that is a good sign...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts