Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a cfr on my bike for around 2 years now and its looking pretty scruffy,(repainted it a few times)rust keeps showing through and its quite badly scraped even though I have raised it 1.5"with homemade bracket.Anyway thinking of replacing it with V & H indy style,know there was a few issues with the first ones but believe they have been fixed.Anyone had one on there bike for a while would be interested to hear how it is holding up.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ive had one on my bike for about 6 months now, no complaints from me. I know several other guys that have it too and havent heard of any problems.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Coating on mine was OK although I sanded it off to get the brushed stainless look :)
Mine's a 1st generation pipe and has had no issues - take car when fitting it to avoid touching the oil pipe and the clutch cover and you should be fine.There's a lot more adjustment in these pipes than people realise.

Steve

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
The black coating is crap but other than that it is a greap pipe as long as you install it correctly to keep it off the clutch cover, etc. You might want to insulate your oil line (I did) as the pipe gets pretty close in one spot.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fancied the stainless one anyway,so the coating isn't a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Excellent pipe!Huge weight savings to boot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts