Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok is it ok to put v and h indys on my 2010 dx , with no fuel manger or changing anything else. It might be a dumb question but I need to ask. And if I don't do anything else how long can I go like that?

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Ok is it ok to put v and h indys on my 2010 dx , with no fuel manger or changing anything else. It might be a dumb question but I need to ask. And if I don't do anything else how long can I go like that?
No - for the love of god spend the extra on a fueller....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I know y'all would say that. Now what fueler??

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
If you're not planning on doing much else - a Power Commander 5 should be sufficient.

Depending on how far you're planning on going, will determine what tuner is going to be the best choice.

If you're going to go cams/throttle body or even head/cams/throttle body - I'd hold off, do it all at once, and go with the Harley SEPST (Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner), as most of the heavier mods are going to require dyno tuning ANY WAY (as no two bikes are alike), so you might as well pay for ONE TUNE for all your mods, than continue to pay for a NEW TUNE every new mod you drop on.

My personal experience with a particular aftermarket tuner (with wideband O2's and supposed "auto tune") did not work well - and I ended up ditching it and going back to the factory ECM and dyno tuning with SEPST.

So consider your END GAME (long term plans), so you don't have to keep buying tuners and dyno tunes...

Rick

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do a powercomander 5 and a high flow filter. The filter could be had for $50 from riders discount. Its not worth changing the pipes without doing the other items.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Do a powercomander 5 and a high flow filter. The filter could be had for $50 from riders discount. Its not worth changing the pipes without doing the other items.
I'd have to disagree with you there - my 07 has an Indy pipe and no other engine mods than a PCIII. The custom dyno tune raised it 5hp to 111rwhp and 74 torques. That 4.5% gain may not sound a lot but the bike is so much stronger everywhere it transformed it IMHO.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I'd have to disagree with you there - my 07 has an Indy pipe and no other engine mods than a PCIII. The custom dyno tune raised it 5hp to 111rwhp and 74 torques. That 4.5% gain may not sound a lot but the bike is so much stronger everywhere it transformed it IMHO.

Steve
Honestly, you probably would have gotten that much with a dead stock bike and a performance tune alone.

I dyno'd topless, K&N and V&H Slipons (and a badly "autotuned" ECM) @ 116 - before I did the heads/cams/TB.

These things are tune for US & EU economy & emissions requirements - there's a decent amount of performance left of the table in just plain old stock configuration.

Rick

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Honestly, you probably would have gotten that much with a dead stock bike and a performance tune alone.

I dyno'd topless, K&N and V&H Slipons (and a badly "autotuned" ECM) @ 116 - before I did the heads/cams/TB.

These things are tune for US & EU economy & emissions requirements - there's a decent amount of performance left of the table in just plain old stock configuration.

Rick
You could well be right Rick - isn't yours a 1250 though?
I wonder if anyone has dyno'd a bog stock bike with just a fueller change? It would be really interesting to see the results.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could well be right Rick - isn't yours a 1250 though?
I wonder if anyone has dyno'd a bog stock bike with just a fueller change? It would be really interesting to see the results.
I HAD my 2010 dx dyno at my local HD shop and I had 111 hp stock fuel, filter, and drilled muffs. And they said that was good for stock. What I would like is 120 hp and more unf on the take off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts