Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have supertrapp slipon's with a screaming eagle filter and SERT tuner. I love the looks of the V&H pipe and how the end cap looks and sounds but have a few questions. I would like to install the stainless version but have the upper pipes wrapped with the black wrap. How long does the wrap last normally and also would you still burn your jeans against the wrap? never had pipes wrapped before but also like the looks. I know many here think the pipe sucks and many that have it love it. I don't ride hard much anymore, meaning lean angles should not be a problem. Also my dealer does not have a dyno but he got my supertrapps dead on with just a good map, would it be that easy with an Indy or are they very hard to get setup. I know I want to run an indy with its baffle installed and I hear the newest has supports at the rear and some changes due to earlier versions have been resolved more or less. Thanks for any help eveyone. Mike

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Yes the heat wrap tape will still cause you to burn holes in your jeans....

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I have an older stainless version with no wrap and a short 30" inseam and do not burn my jeans. It does get HOT but this is on a hot running 1402. It is only really an issue idling around in crowds.

I LOVE the pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i dont burn my jeans since i wrapped mine ,. its been done 2 yrs now

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dont know about the earlier pipes. But I love mine. And sorry, I dont know sh*it about the wrap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can't comment on the wrap, but love the pipe. Don't worry, V&H addressed all the earlier short comings.

My advice is to get it dyno tuned, especially with a PCIII. Mobile dynos are a dime a dozen. Look at spending a couple of hundred for a custom tune, but it will be more than worth it by having the A/F dialed in correctly. Throttle response will be amazing with zero issues. I too started with supper trapps, mainly for sound. It's now a totally different bike. Sound and performance is amazing. Sounds nasty and runs like a scalded A**. No flat spots or pops. Pulls hard down low with a big top end rush.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I also have a short 30" inseam and I have a burn hole on every pair of jeans I ride in.

I'm looking for a new map too Indy pipe, topless, pc III

Please let me know if you have one. Thanks

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I have an older stainless version with no wrap and a short 30" inseam and do not burn my jeans. It does get HOT but this is on a hot running 1402. It is only really an issue idling around in crowds.

I LOVE the pipe.
And you admit this out loud in public?????
:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I also have a short 30" inseam and I have a burn hole on every pair of jeans I ride in.

I'm looking for a new map too Indy pipe, topless, pc III

Please let me know if you have one. Thanks
Ask Jay for a copy of Al's map and convert it.... it is a map I created starting wil Jay's original map and one I originaly did for Al and mixed them together. So far his is running really good that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts