Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2005 B model with the V&H 2 into 1, SE air filter, topless and fuel pak.. Im beginning to thank the Fuelpak is a P.O.S... Set it up as prescribed with there suggested map FP-0772... Bike is running very rich.. Tail pipe is black and according to people I ride with it blows some black smoke when I romp on it... Cant get any help from V&H numerous calls and emails later, still no help according to them it cant be running rich... Even on 100 octane gas it still is rich... Any help would be greatfully appericated, THANKS in advance... Gene

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am running a FuelPak and V&H Powershots on my 06 A and when I first installed it I had to call V&H as one of the factory settings was wrong and I was getting engine shut off upon decel when pulled in the clutch. I am wondering since the 2:1 is relatively new if some of the factory settings are off. I am surprised you got nowhere with V&H, I would keep after them.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine does the samething from time to time.. Im so P/Oed at V&H... Ive talked to 3 different people there and no help at all.. Do u happen to know the # of the map your running? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
ncvrodracer said:
Mine does the samething from time to time.. Im so P/Oed at V&H... Ive talked to 3 different people there and no help at all.. Do u happen to know the # of the map your running? Thanks

Actually not a map since they have the settings for the FuelPaks tuned to each set up and bike but if you go to V&H website and go to the FuelPak Tuning Center they post the setting numbers for all the different bikes and exhaust set up. You might want to compare the settings on the website to the ones currently on your FuelPak or that came with the exhaust. When I spoke with V&H they gave me the correct setting number for the mode value that was off and I have had no problems since I changed to the correct mode value. The down side to the FuelPak is that you cannot do much tweaking like you can with a Power Commander. Good Luck.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I recently bought a Fuel Pak and a Pro Pipe for my 2005 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide. Funny the V&H the advertisement for the Fuel Pak says " you are a genius " I'm feeling like anything but a genius since buying it.

You would think that this was a fairly common set up. SE airbox / filter, Power Commander and Pro Pipe.

At first the bike ran rough and got progressively worse to the point where it wouldn't run or even start. I called a guy named Adam @ V&H who should be fired or have his dumb a$$ kicked, or both. If and when he gets around to calling you back he's no help at all. ( See stunned in the dictionary )

3 weeks of the bike sitting later I now have a Power Commander installed by the dealer and it now pops on acceleration and deceleration and pings as well. I've emailed and left voicemail @ V&H tech support for a map and no reply from anyone besides a " due to high volume of email we'll be a while responding ". Which to V&H apparently means never.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that V&H customer service was this inept. :mad:

What do you do with a Fuel Pak that won't work? I'm out over $ 200.00 and you can't even get someone on the phone to give you return instructions. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel your Pain, I have spoken to Adam and am still waiting for a call back from him and Brian,yeah right like thats ever going to happen. If I knew I wouldnt be braking some federal law I would put mine in a box, take a big sh*t in it and mail it back to them. Maybe they would get the point...

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
as long as its in a sealed package for mailing i'm pretty sure is not illegal to mail a turd.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Wow, finally, Adam from V&H emailed late Friday evening. Maybe he reads the Forum posts. LOL. He claims not to have received the 3 voicemails and emails that I've sent and continually resent. :blahblah:

He wants to know if I want to return the Fuel Pak. Duh! I sent a reply stating yes, right away and asked for a map that I can use with the Power Commander and no reply yet. :banghead:

I'll post up the return information if and when I receive it. Pat. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's a drag that you guys are having such problems with V&H. Man, whatever happened to customer service!!! I must have got them at a good time. My bike runs awesome and was recently dynoed with my current set up at 116.79 hp and 78.89 ft/lbs. I hope that you both get satisfaction. Keep the shiney side up.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good for u patm, my local harley dealer where I bought my bike and the fuel pak said I could return it to them and get a credit toward eith a race tuner or power commander. Thank I am going race tuner, just need the extra cash and thats in short supply right now..

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
ncvrodracer said:
good for u patm, my local harley dealer where I bought my bike and the fuel pak said I could return it to them and get a credit toward eith a race tuner or power commander. Thank I am going race tuner, just need the extra cash and thats in short supply right now..
My local dealer will no longer have anything to do with the Fuel Pak. I know that they weren't impressed with my bike taking up a spot on the shop floor for almost a month while we tried to sort this out.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Adam from V & H emailed me today and I am to return the Fuel Pak to American Classic Motors where I purchased it for a credit.

On the advise of Adam from V & H I have contacted Power Commander and they have provided me with a map from their files.

If you go to powercommander.com and insert your bike type, pipe and air filter etc. you can search their files for customers to download maps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fuel Pack

Call V&H's, got to Adam the first try. After installing the 2into1 and fuelpack the motor would stall when closing the throttle. Checked all my mode values, ! thru 18, all ok. Did notice the factory settings for 20 thru 23 were as follows, 20-12, 21-0, 22-0, and 23-16. V&H's is recommending mode valve 1 change from 15 to 12 and mode value 23 change from 16 to 25. I keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wild Hog said:
I am running a FuelPak and V&H Powershots on my 06 A and when I first installed it I had to call V&H as one of the factory settings was wrong and I was getting engine shut off upon decel when pulled in the clutch. I am wondering since the 2:1 is relatively new if some of the factory settings are off. I am surprised you got nowhere with V&H, I would keep after them.
According to Fuelpakfi.com, the Fuelpak web site. The thing stops delivering fuel when the throttle is closed upon deceleration. The fix is to raise the number in mode 23.
Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts