Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 DX, and have been trying to find an exhaust that I like the look of to replace the stock. The only one I keep coming back to is the Vance and Hines 2-1 Competition Series. I have read many reviews on here, however, that this exhaust doesn't provide any ground clearance and scraps a lot. On the website it says they have improved this issue for the blacked out model intended for the DX. So I am just wondering if anyone has tested these recently and is still experiencing this clearance issue?

·
Registered
962 Posts
i had a brand new one fitted around Jun time and it was shipped from VH (black) and at the time they said it had improved oil line clearance and ground clearance.

scrapped mine within minutes of riding !

they all scrape just part of ownership but on mine you cannot see the scrape unless you bend down and look underneath.

but for me this is the best looking and sounding exhaust for the DX so i'll put up with a bit of scrapping.

ran remus slip on's before that did not scrape and world of difference , the VH exhaust sounds brill ! and looks killer ! and the bike has way more mid range pull ! as its a 2-1.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Vance & Hines Widow Slip-Ons. Stock looking, badass sounding. Slightly better ground clearance than stock.

Rick

·
Registered
962 Posts
my remus were like that set up, and it was good with the good sound

but after reading post after post about the VH comp/indy opted to have one and it sounds amazing compred the the already good slip ons !

first thing i noticed was how much a 2-1 made to the mid range pull and throttle roll on !

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
THose are some Sharp Looking pipes. Hot Damn!!!
Had the headers, exhaust, mufflers and heat shields all two stage ceramic coated to run a little cooler, and so everything color matched.

Still considering the V&H Indy, but no one really makes one that appear to work well with the rear controls. Either they run through right where the controls are, or exit right in front of the rear controls (bathing my right foot in hot exhaust - no thanks).

Rick

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Had the headers, exhaust, mufflers and heat shields all two stage ceramic coated to run a little cooler, and so everything color matched.

Still considering the V&H Indy, but no one really makes one that appear to work well with the rear controls. Either they run through right where the controls are, or exit right in front of the rear controls (bathing my right foot in hot exhaust - no thanks).

Rick
The Only thing I didnt like about the Stock DX pipes where that they where Bulbous a bit in the center, I didnt mind the Aluminum. These pips you have took care of both those issues and look great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts