Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

This is the pipe on my street rod with the standard V&H guts. Has anyone had any experience with what they call the Quiet Baffles or anything else and whether they appreciably quiet this pipe down? Getting noise tickets now.

· VRSCF
1,319 Posts
A friend had that pipe and fit the quiet baffle, it does knock a few dB off. That pipe was really designed for drag racing :)

I have the twin V&H pipes on my VRSCF and they came fitted and "open" baffle too, I was going deaf anyway but fit the quiet baffles and they are still loud and sound great.

Any V&H dealer should have the quiet baffle available

· Registered
30 Posts
I put that exhaust on my '03, started it in my garage to look for leaks, and less than 5 minutes later I had the quiet baffle ordered from Revzilla, I think it was $25 - $35. Worth EVERY penny. That exhaust was deafening without it, and tolerable with it. It's still loud and rumbly, but it's no longer "have the neighbors call the police to file a noise violation every time you ride past after dark".

J.Ja

· Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem. V&H pipe with no Internals (2012 F) just the cap or plate at the end. I ordered a generic baffle with fiberglass wrap. Roughly $80. I cut off one end and re wrapped the baffle. It took some trimming but with the fiberglass wrap, it fit well and the stock cap help it in place. Noise problem solved, happy neighbors and great sound. Will be happy to send pics if imterested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts