Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW Audio Clip - Vance and Hines 2 into 1 Pipes

OK, after a 6 month wait, my V&H 2 into 1 pipes with powder coated heat shields have been installed. Overall, I like the way the look on my VRSCDX and I am still getting used to the sound, BUT . . . .

The "fit" of the heat sheild is a real disapointment. IMHO, it is unacceptable. However, I am working with a V&H rep who is reviewing my pictures and will let me know if V&H will replace them.

I will keep you updated as soon as I hear from V&H on their decision.

10/31/2007 WOOT! Today I received great news from V&H re: my heat shields, I have posted Scott T's reply:

"I have actually spoken with our QA manager. . . . (deleted a couple non-essenstial sentances) . . . Essentially, we are going to hand pick you the best fitted shield(s) and send them to you. That is the most updated information that I have. I will know more next week, at the latest, Wednesday."

So the lesson here is that it pays to make your opinion known in a professional manner while enclosing good photos of the issue.

As soon as the new heatshields are back from powder coating and installed i will post new photos.

11/01/2007 I have included a "Drive-Away" Audio clip of my trip to Ralph's Supermarket. Enjoy. BTW, an unanticipated benefit of my V&H 2n1 is that i get a deep throaty growl and a throbbing resonance at 5k rpms that my Rolling Stones are really enjoying!

Here is a complete list of my current mods:
Inverted Fork Legs - STORZ PERFORMANCE #HD55VR.01-DPB
Exhaust - VANCE & HINES 2 into 1 Street/Night Rod Pipes #17535 with black THERMOCOAT by Embee Performance
Heavy Duty Scorpion Clutch Assembly – BARNETT #608-30-10009
High Flow Performance Air Cleaner - SCREAMIN EAGLE #29793-02C
Pro EFI Race Tuner - SCREAMIN EAGLE #32107-01H
Pilot Grips with Throttle Boss – KURYAKYN #6204
Black Clutch and Brake Levers-HD 42275-07
Reduced Reach Foot Pegs-HD 50270-02A
Leather Tank Bra-HD57850-01

Attachments

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Pupe looks good but I do agree with the fitmet on the shield is unacceptable. Hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
when you do a clip - could you do a 'drive away' version? There are a few 'start up in the garage' clips, but none with actual driving....

Thanks.

Bike looks sharp as hell....the forks are bad ass!! Hope you get the shield worked out....

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I agree....usually V&H stuff is perfect fit and finish....have them look at this post,and they will see us V guys can be just as picky as the airhead guys..LOL.

LOVE the FRONT END TOO!

Dan

·
Registered
379 Posts
would love to see more pics of the pipe from different angles. it's one of the ones i am considering buying this winter.

thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have the same problem with my 2 into1 on my 07 aw. had to mod the middle heat shield,trimed it 3/16 so if would fit better.the muffler leaks a little bit too were it go's on to pipe. not to happy,but it sounds good.cant find a good map for it also.will that minor leak make a differents when i go to dyno and tuning this week

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added Additional Pictures from different angles

I uploaded additional pictures of the Vance and Hines two into one pipes from a variety of angles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice bike and thanks for the pics. Mine is still chrome, maybe next season I also get them coated. Not sure yet.

·
Think Warm & Sunny
156 Posts
V&H 2 into ones on a 06 D with the same poor fitment of the heat shields.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had similar problems with V&H

I never could get the center bracket to align so I just left it off. I took a Scotchbrite pad to the chrome heat shields, then using BBQ paint, blacked them out. Not a perfect job but they look much better than chrome. I love the sound and get a thrill when I set off car alarms. I cant tell much of a difference in power although I know its some faster. I returned the V&H tuner because it would not idle at traffic lights and died every time I stopped. I bought a race tuner (forget the name) that works perfect.
Be Safe and Have Fun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOOT! Today I received great news from V&H re: my heat shields, I have posted Scott T's reply:

"I have actually spoken with our QA manager. . . . (deleted a couple non-essenstial sentances) . . . Essentially, we are going to hand pick you the best fitted shield(s) and send them to you. That is the most updated information that I have. I will know more next week, at the latest, Wednesday."

So the lesson here is that it pays to make your opinion known in a professional manner while enclosing good photos of the issue.

As soon as the new heatshields are back from powder coating and installed i will post new photos.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
An Audio Trip to Ralph's

I have included a "Drive-Away" Audio clip of my trip to Ralph's Supermarket. Enjoy. BTW, an unanticipated benefit of my V&H 2n1 is that i get a deep throaty rumble and vibration at 5k rpms that my stones really enjoy!

The audio clip is located under the picture attachments with my original post, "VnH2n1.wav"

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
GreyReaver said:
I have included a "Drive-Away" Audio clip of my trip to Ralph's Supermarket. Enjoy. BTW, an unanticipated benefit of my V&H 2n1 is that i get a deep throaty rumble and vibration at 5k rpms that my stones really enjoy!
what clip!...you must have forgot to attach it!..lol:spank:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Audio Clip

ROCKERDAN said:
what clip!...you must have forgot to attach it!..lol:spank:
The audio clip, "VnH2n1.wav" is located below the picture attachments. Oh and thanks for the spanking, how'd u know????:angeldev:

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
GreyReaver said:
The audio clip, "VnH2n1.wav" is located below the picture attachments. Oh and thanks for the spanking, how'd u know????:angeldev:

awesome!...sorry i didnt see that originally there....sounds very good!

:notworth: :notworth:

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Very nice RUMBLE! Not to intimidating, yet enough to set off alarms and get the dawgs running for cover.
BTW,I would ceramic coat d/t heat.The inverted forks and Rizoma triple's are awesome.
Also,wondering if any DX'er shortened the length by sweeping higher to mount above the right passenger foot bracket? I believe this would look better with a Beastmaster fender.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts