Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Muscle with Stage 2 cams (installed by HD dealer 4 years and 30K mile ago). When I measured the existing shims they are ALL larger than the biggest from Table D-1 in my service manual. The valve lash measurements were all over the maximum, so the shims need to be bigger. Has anyone experienced this? How do I get shims thicker than those listed in the service manual?

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
I have a 2009 Muscle with Stage 2 cams (installed by HD dealer 4 years and 30K mile ago). When I measured the existing shims they are ALL larger than the biggest from Table D-1 in my service manual. The valve lash measurements were all over the maximum, so the shims need to be bigger. Has anyone experienced this? How do I get shims thicker than those listed in the service manual?
you sure you had the valve train in the correct positions when measured??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the clearance was measured with the correct engine rotations. It would be impossible to measure a gap if not. My problem is the shim below the tappet is thicker than any listed in table D-1 in my manual. I went to Ronnie’s HD on-line microfiche and found that I can get larger shims. I ordered at my local HD dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.