Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess I'll start with the only real problem my 02 has ever had. Had the rear valve cover sealed three times before they got it right. 6k miles later no more leaks since they sanded the chrome off the bottom and used sealer with the metal gaskets.

Max

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I am having my rear rocker cover replaced because of bad chrome,I have a feeling that the dealer and I are going to be on a first name basis soon.I don't have much faith in there V-rod mechanic.But the dealer is 40miles away.and I don't know how good there mechanics are.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
My friggen LEAK is back!:mad: After my day on the dyno It started up again!It splashes on the rear tire so it must be fixed by the weekend or I'm screwed.........:(

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kaz, what is leaking?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vilzrod, with 400 miles is your bike not under warranty still?

·
Registered
255 Posts
you bet I have 4 yrs extra too.... but I was curious...... Hey max I wanted to put in the 240 km/hr speedo .. I heard from a dealer that it is a plug in play do you know anyone who has done this

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will assume that you are currently running the 220KMH speedo. No I have not seen it done yet but my checking of the data of the speedo says that it should be a plug and play exchange. I have tried both a 220 KMH and a 140mph on my 02 and they both use a 4,000 pulse per mile signal and the switch is a simple plug and play. So my guess would be that the new 150MPH and the 240KPH still use the same signal and just have a different pulse width generator on the motor.

Max

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I was right.leaking from the back left side of the rear rocker.Now I can't wait for the water pump to leak.They never fixed the coolant leak(overfill tank) from the last 2 times they tried to fix it, that started again:mad: and it's worse.I guess I'm gonna have to make an appointment for both leaks.That bites because it's going back to the dyno friday morning.Gonna get some more torque hopefully.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts