Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of selling my Rod and getting a new NR , I was wondering do you think I can get 16,000 or so for it? I have 32,000 in it I HAVE two bodies the anodized and chrome, solid chrome wheels etc, etc and all the badges for the 100th anniversary model. Two shields, touring and sport and 36,000 miles. Be honest I won't be hurt by your thoughts.
Thanks
Jim

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,442 Posts
Honestly - Sell the one set of tins (preferably the chrome ones) and you will still be very lucky to get $9000 for it.. Just too many of them on the market that are selling in the $6-8000 range with low mileage and some decent mods done

Might want to add a few more numbers to your poll like - 10,000 -9,000 - 8000, etc..

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
$5k to $8k at the very most, in this market anyway. Local dealership here is selling an '08 w/supercharger, 5k miles for $13k

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
Agreed - keep it. If you want another one, buy it, but why take a bath on this one? No matter the mods, is is still an 8 year old bike. Look at KBB or NADA for a better idea. Keep it!!! JMHO, Joe

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
We all know 36k miles is nothing for a V-Rod but there are so many around with under 10k miles selling for 7 to 9 grand. You will have a hard time getting more - even with all you've put into it. If you can, keep the anniversary edition and get a used NR, or mod the heck out of yours and make it whatever you want.

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
:them:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for honest in put, hard to figure all that money was wasted. Well I guess the good thing is I own it, and love it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks for honest in put, hard to figure all that money was wasted. Well I guess the good thing is I own it, and love it.
i'm in the same boat - I have a high mileage 2005...

so i just bought another 5 year unlimited mileage extended warranty and am going to drive it until the wheels fall off. I own it, and besides the looks (blacked out for NRS) there isn't enough of a difference warrant spending 10k to sell mine and buy a new one. just my opinion, keep it and ride it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.