Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please give some advice on the value of a 2006 night rod with 5700 documented miles? It is a two owner with only one scratch on the stock exhaust, excellent condition.

·
Registered
2008 VRSCD Night Rod
40 Posts
For reference I bought my 2008 Night Rod VRSCD last Aug for $5000. It only had 2 owners, 16,000 miles, it had been lowered and a 250 put on the back. The stock exhaust had been replaced with a 2-1 and the baffles removed. An extra seat, original parts and shop manuals, a new oil pan (don't ask), the original painted air louvers.

I've added a new windshield and LED headlight.

For the 2006 I would check to see what size gas tank it has. If it still has the small tank, IMO I would pass on it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
All 2006 models with the exception of the VRSCR had the smaller tank. But not really a reason to pass on a buy if its a nice bike. You can get a 5 gallon tank from Fredy.ee for 450€ and its a fairly simple fit.

·
Registered
421 Posts
VROD's with similar mileage are all over the place. On Cycle trader. There are as many under 10k miles, as there are over it. Most are priced in the $6500 to $7995.range. But you can buy most any of them for $5500 or less. And if you do a little searching and bartering. Most can be bought for 5k or less. The small tanks on the early bikes is a PITA. But nothing a few hundred bucks and an afternoon with basic hand tools won't take care of. I'm partial to the older bikes since I bought my first one in March of 2003.

·
Registered
2003 V-Rod A
101 Posts
Not starting a debate but would you guys have any opinions on the Fredy.ee tank vs. the GC Super Tank V? I'm about to buy one or the other. I kind of like the idea of relocating the switch as is part of the GC tank kit because I might change the ignition switch at the same time. The Fredy tank doesn't require relocating the switch. But if I want to change the location of the ignition, the GC kit comes with a relocation bracket. Hmmm...so hard to figure out where I want to blow 500 bucks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts