Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Long day of travel.

Note to self. Next time I come to Valdosta fly into Jacksonville and drive from there instead of Atlanta. :banghead:

Oh and thanks to United Airlines for the nice 4 hour delay in Chicago. PRICELESS!

OK, I'm ready for some racing. :)

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Wish I was there.... and my friend that was there last year too....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
PAT: Long day of travel.

Note to self. Next time I come to Valdosta fly into Jacksonville and drive from there instead of Atlanta.

Oh and thanks to United Airlines for the nice 4 hour delay in Chicago. PRICELESS!

OK, I'm ready for some racing.

Pat:

Yea THAT would have been a good plan!!!!

You could have come in early and thawed out at the beach and then we would have cruised up to Valdosta.

Maybe next time....

Now go racing and enjoy yourselves... :nos :nos :nos :moped: :moped:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I was going, but woke up this morning with a head cold and didnt feel like an 8 hour drive... Good luck to all that are going..

·
Noel
4,605 Posts
I was going, but woke up this morning with a head cold and didnt feel like an 8 hour drive... Good luck to all that are going..
Gene,

Sorry to hear this, get well soon!

FWIW, the Mrs & myself been feeling like crap most of the day too, glad we did not try to make this trip.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got back from the track. We ran a 8.23 this evening. We tried a few different things in the test and tune and will be running against other Top Fuel bikes for the rest of the weekend because we're the only P/D bike here.

We saw a guy run a 5.84 on a T/F Funny Bike @ 243 MPH in the 1/4 mile. It's unbelievable how fast these bikes with Puma motors run. What a treat!

We had a good day, Robbie made the trip with Rich. 2 more rounds of qualifying tomorrow. As of now there's only 8 fuel bikes so it looks we'll make the show.

What a beautiful facility.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the update .. Have fun
Wish you were here. I miss my race travelling partner. You'd like this place.

It's unbelievable what you can buy / do to a Hyabusa for drag racing. Some pretty impressive stuff down here.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.