Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A shout to all DC Metro V Rodders..Well it's getting to be really nice around here, even though summer doesn't want to leave. On our last ride with the Va crew and MD riders, oh!!!and Biker Bill from Pa...there was some interest in getting together for a ride towards Skyline Dr. The date in mind is the 20th or the 21st Oct. The leaves will probably be in full Fall foilage or close to it. I'm thinking meet at Hooters in Fairfax @10:00 AM either day is fine. I'm thinking lunch Mexican or Italian after the ride. So get your days in and see how many of us can get together for the Fall Ride to Skyline DR...

Alright which day will it be?????

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Interesting... I'll have to see. I'm going to Skyline Drive tomorrow. Then the Dragon the weekend of the 27th. There is some talk about Skyline Drive having a fresh coat of tar and stones... Guess I'll find out. If I had the choice of dates. Make it the 20th.:D

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
I might have to work on the 20th or 21st. Let's hurry up and decide so I can pick which day to work!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skyline Dr Ride..

Lets go with the 20th. I'd like to get a head count and see how many of us are going. I'm hoping this ride would generate more interest to get out and ride before it gets really cold. The Revolution engine just loves that cold intake temps...so lets get out there and ride. I'm open to any suggestions on meet time.10:00 or 11:00 AM at Hooters in Fairfax or at the stealer. Breakfast at Denny's anyone..???? Anybody..??? Maybe I can post this in the general V Rod section and see if more riders from the area can see it.....

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I think I will meet up with you guys at Front Royal if thats how your getting on Skyline Drive. Although if your not leaving Fairfax untill 11:00am that will put meeting there around 12:00-12:30...

·
"Beyond the Pale"
1,214 Posts
I'm interested. Lets see if I can get a kitchen pass... I'll grab SandorSnow (got 4 kids) and my buddy Jarhead on an '03 and see if they'll make the ride.
Note: My Jarhead bro (I was regular Army) and I did Skyline a few weeks ago. $10 at the gate to make the ride...

·
Registered
515 Posts
The earlier we meet the better. I suggest we take 211 to Thornton Gap. The switchbacks on 211 heading up to the gap are awesome, and the southern part of the drive is much better from here. Just my 2¢!!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
FWIW - I just came through Skyline from end to end - the southern half was in mid-paving and had gravel pressed into asphalt as a surface - and no lines. Call ahead or stick to the northern half.... :2cents:

·
Registered
484 Posts
I can't make it to this one. I won't be around for the weekend of the 20th. I bet you guys will have a awesome ride. Ride safe.

Gui

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the paving on the DR El Ratzo. Hey Vrod Paul I'm open to anything for a ride near the mountains. The only thing if we don't get on Skyline where can we meet up w/ Biker Bill?? Are you there Biker Bill???
So it's on Sat at 10:00 AM at Hooters in Fairfax. Breakfast @ Denny's Fairfax @ 8:30 -ish....Sang are you in for breakfast??? Boun.

·
Registered
515 Posts
2Ikaika said:
Thanks for the heads up on the paving on the DR El Ratzo. Hey Vrod Paul I'm open to anything for a ride near the mountains. The only thing if we don't get on Skyline where can we meet up w/ Biker Bill?? Are you there Biker Bill???
So it's on Sat at 10:00 AM at Hooters in Fairfax. Breakfast @ Denny's Fairfax @ 8:30 -ish....Sang are you in for breakfast??? Boun.
We can meet Bill @ Front Royal then head south. It's up to you guys if you want to get off at Thornton Pass just to run down and back up the Mt. back onto Skyline Drive. To me it's worth it, I love carving the switchbacks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good Paul, any one else from MD tagging along with you?? Looks like good weather...in the 70s can't wait. Got a bagger buddy along for the ride. See you on Sat at Hooters @10:00 or Denny"s if you"re hungry for breakfast.
Alright who else is in....get off the fence and ride......Later...Boun.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I'm out fella's. I gotta work. No way out of it.:mad:

·
Registered
515 Posts
2Ikaika said:
Sounds good Paul, any one else from MD tagging along with you?? Looks like good weather...in the 70s can't wait. Got a bagger buddy along for the ride. See you on Sat at Hooters @10:00 or Denny"s if you"re hungry for breakfast.
Alright who else is in....get off the fence and ride......Later...Boun.
Looks like I'm alone on this one. Don't know what's happened to all of the Md. riders, we won't have many more days like this left in the year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We'll be @Denny's @8:30 if you're up for breakfast on Sat. Maybe we'll p/u some stragglers on the way out to the mountains. Can't beat the weather for mid October. See you on Sat...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts