Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 11, I and six friends were on our way from Robbinsville, NC to the Cherahola Parkway. It was early in the morning. The next thing I remember is waking up in the intensive care unit of the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville. I had a concussion, a broken collarbone, 9 broken ribs, a hematoma on my hip, and a broken ankle. I later learned that I had been picked up by the Graham County EMS and life-flighted to the emergency department. I spent 12 days in the hospital in TN before my wife was able to drive me back home to Pittsburgh. The hospital personnel were universally wonderful, from the doctors on down to the nurse assistants. One nurse in the ICU made me peanut butter and cracker sandwiches when I was too weak to eat anything else. I apparently was having some trouble breathing, and I remember her coming into my bed area every so often and saying "Breathe, breathe!" I'm still recuperating, and haven't been able to return to work, primarily because of the ankle. The bike is still at the insurance adjuster's in NC. I actually still do not know why I fell, but I would guess that I went into a corner too hot and then had a bad case of target fixation. I'm very depressed about the accident and the bike, but I realize that I'm lucky to be alive.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Glad your still around to post this....sorry about your crash though, but the bike is replaceable....

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Glad you are posting. Heal up. Take the insurance $$ and use it towards a better ride!

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Wow, thats aweful! Wishing you a speedy recovery and I am really sorry to hear you got so hurt.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Holy Crap - sounds like a serious accident. Glad to see you are recuperating . Don't worry about the bike. There are plenty more of them on the market when you are ready to go again .. Take Care :angelwin:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Glad you're up and posting. Heal quick.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
rjrivero said:
Glad you're up and posting. Heal quick.
:them: It's going to take patience, so do what the doctors and rehab people say....

Glad to see you made it...

HH

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Wow. Hang in there....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
You will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery, hope things get better very soon.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Glad to hear your around to talk about it! The bike is the least of your worries, get well soon.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
Glad you are ok. Take it easy for a bit and then get back out there!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
I am sorry for your troubles. Thank God you are here and able to share your story with the rest of us. Heal well!

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
So was the nurse hot or... Nevermind, I'm glad you are recovering well. No need to be depressed, you cheated death and now have a second chance that many do not get. Be happy and live life.

·
Dallas, TX
1,244 Posts
CaptClose said:
So was the nurse hot or... Nevermind, I'm glad you are recovering well. No need to be depressed, you cheated death and now have a second chance that many do not get. Be happy and live life.
Horn-dog. Nurse coulda been a guy.

Get well soon, Ron!

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Wow!
Get well soon.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts