Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sept. 1st - V-Rods of New England - Meet, Eat & Ride

Hello all,

I know, you thought I forgot about getting this group together. Not at all, it has just been a hectic summer.

Here's the scoop. I am going to plan this event for one of three possible Saturday afternoons. Based on the response of you guys to which Saturday works best and the rain-date which would be one week later, I will be able to determine the actual date.

This meeting will also be a good way to meet and discuss a future ride that I would like to plan for October that would be heading up through Vermont.

When;
Sept. 1st
( majority choice)
Sept. 8th (rain date)

Time;
1:00 p.m.

Where;
We will meet at Ronnie's Fried Clams on Rt. 31 in Charlton, MA. Ronnie's is about a mile or two from the intersection of Rt.31 & Rt. 20. Here we will meet, eat and chat for an hour or so. Ronnie's has some of the best fried seafood and sandwiches that you will ever find.

Also, there will be video of all our bikes being taken by a professional videographer while we are at Ronnie's. I am sure that there will be some fun comments and great machines to capture. This will be professionally edited and encoded to be posted on our beloved forum. Also, anyone that attends and wants a DVD of this can request one for free!

No later than 3:00 p.m. We will head out on Rt. 31 for a ride through Charlton, Spencer, Paxton, Holden and to Mt. Wachusett in Princeton. We will ride to the summit where we will hang out for 1/2 hour or so. From there we will continue on Rt. 31 to the base of the mountain and onto Rt.140. We will follow Rt.140 through Princeton and the West Boylston reservoir system and end at a pub near the intersection of Rt. 140 & Rt.70 called "The Other Place Pub". Here we can go inside for a drink, hang out or head on out, back to our home towns. The Other Place Pub is also just minutes from Routes I-290/395, I-495 & I-90 (Mass Pike). This will make it easy and quick to be headed in our respective directions. I am guessing that this will be around 5:30- 6:00.

For those that do attend, I will be offering to take orders for long sleeve or short sleeve T-shirts with "V-Rods of New England" and "Mt. Wachusett 2007 Summit Ride" silk-screened with HD graphics. These will be offered at a non-profit cost on the day of the ride and shipped to you.

This notice has been sent to nearly 60 V-Rodders in MA, RI, CT, NH & ME. It would be great if everyone could attend, but having organized events in the past I am only hoping for a great turnout of 20 - 25. If you know other V-Rod owners in the area that may be interested let me know there email address and I will send them an invitation as well.

While this is a V-Rod meet and ride, your local riding buddies are welcome also. Say you got a friend that has an air cooled HD or a Buell or any other bike. Bring them along. I bet that the next time we see them they will be riding a V-Rod.

Good Food, Nice Ride, Great Friends and the beginning of "V-Rods of New England". This is only the beginning!

Please RSVP! :stilpoke:

Reply to this PM or email me at [email protected]

Hope to see you there,

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
I am for Sept. 1st, other days are booked solid for me.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, Vrog. I was lookin forward to meeting you.

BTW, I bought that Vanson from evenhanded.

Also, I may be in RI on Thursday. Cranston to be exact. Let me know if your around, maybe a beer at Texas Roadhouse Grill over near Gibbs School.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
The August date is definately no good for me. The Sept ones are better. C'mon folks, lets get a big group together!

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
:moped:

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, here's the deal. I sent out almost 60 PM's to 1130cc.com members that where in New England. I have only received back about a dozen replies from those that are interested in attending. That's not to bad after only a couple of days since announcing this meeting.

If 20-25 V-Rods showed up I would call it a great success.

I am going to draw the line at Saturday to decide if it will be held on the 1st or the 8th. The August 25th date is now dead. It is to close and I feel that others will respond by this weekend.

My choice date is the 1st with a rain date of the 8th. There will also be a couple of Buell's and a couple of air-cooled HD's riding with us also.

Anything that any of you can do to rally up other members to join us would be greatly appreciated. I would hate for a member to hear about it after the fact and wished that they knew about it.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Well anyone???

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I'm hoping I can make the 1st date. Looks like it will be a great ride. I should know for sure by Wednesday.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sept. 1st Ride Update

Update: Ride is Sept. 1st @ 1:00.

We now have 20 confirmed to attend. 17 of the 20 are V-Rods including myself.

C'mon Jason, Joel and all you New England VRodders!:stilpoke:

1 week to go...................................:biker:

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
V Ride said:
I'm hoping I can make the 1st date. Looks like it will be a great ride. I should know for sure by Wednesday.
V Ride, You are one of the 17 listed above. I knew the 25th was out for you. Good luck and hope you can make the first happen.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah, I don't expect there to be a problem. I may bring along a buddy who just bought a bike last week (not a vrod). Looking forward to meeting everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
It's still a bit early but the weather looks to be ok.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
V Ride said:
It's still a bit early but the weather looks to be ok.
Yeah, I am watching also. But this is New England. We really will not know until Friday the 31st.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
I will be there.I guess I will have to find that dam helmet!

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jeffa711 said:
I will be there.I guess I will have to find that dam helmet!
Looking forward to meeting you Jeff. You are V-Roddder #18. I am hoping we have about 25 VRodders. That will make for a great video to post here after. So, if you got something to say to the forum, this will be a way to say it without typing.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
How about a list of who you have going..

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
firemedic said:
How about a list of who you have going..
Sure, great idea firemedic.:thumb:

This is a list as I have compiled it. If your name is on here and you are NOT going, please let me know ASAP.

Likewise, if you are going and your name is NOT on here, let me know. Send me a PM ASAP.

T-Rod
bproulxvrod
TaxmanHog
TIMROD
firemedic
V Ride
jeffa711
cmptrgk
ctvrod
vrscd_buTcHEr
Roger
rodder
HDRODinMASS
tmazz
harleyharry
Sergio
Hi-Def
Ergoguy34

These are members here and V-Rodders.

I know of about 6 other riders riding Buell and air cooled Harley's that will be attending as well.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Looks like a good amount of vrods so far. There are three other vrods in my area that I just haven't been able to catch. They are usually riding the opposite direction and just wave. Would be nice to introduce them to this forum and even get them on the ride. I'll keep looking.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sept. 1st - New England Ride Update

Here is an updated list as of Wednesday evening 8/29.

The weather is going to be awesome. Sunny in the 70's.

If your name is on here and is not accurately stating your attendance, then get back to me ASAP, so that I can correct it.

YES, I Will Be There!
bproulxvrod
TaxmanHog
TIMROD
V Ride
jeffa711
ctvrod
vrscd_buTcHEr
Roger
tmazz
Sergio
Hi-Def

MAYBE, I Really Want To Be There!
T-Rod
firemedic
Ergoguy34

NO, Sorry, Maybe Next Time!
cmptrgk
rodder
HDRODinMASS
harleyharry

The above are 1130cc.com members and V-Rodders.

I am expecting about 6 other riders riding Buell and air cooled Harley's that will be attending as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts