·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked and it was UGLY!:yak:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Kaz I think it goes without saying that if you purchased a v-rod as an investment then you may have not made a wise investment. However if you purchased it for fun I don't think you could make a better choice.

Max

I may have some Enron stock I'll let go of cheap.

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
I think part of the reason they're going so cheap is people have seen so many scams (especially on v-rods) that they're a little leary of sending decent money.

I'd venture to say that with an add in a local paper you'd be more likely to get some of your money back. I know that if I saw one advertised for around 13k I'd be giving them a call but I'd have serious trouble buying one from e-bay.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yes eBay has had a lot of problems with scams on V-Rods. I know I report at least one a day that is a fraud.

They have stuff like buy it now for $6,200, email me directly. It always turns out that the bike is over seas and they want cash up front, and listing are restricted to pre approved buyers. It's got scam all over it.

I am sure that has lot to do with the low prices on the V-Rods on eBay.

Dave

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
You can't use Ebay for pricing used V-rods.Photo Ad mags are better for finding used V-rods.I've seen 03's with some add ons going for around $18,000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats true the scams. I wouldn't believe any of those prices on there. (I feel sorry for the legitimate ones). I tried to contact 2 sellers on ebay before I bought mine locally. With no reply. Try asking them a technical question about the bike, chances are you won't get a reply.

LM

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my V-Rod off of eBay in July. I was real happy with the deal. The seller was a Harley dealer about 75 miles from my house. I went to see the bike before I ever put a deposit on it. I do feel that you do have to be careful with eBay. In my case it did workout great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.. I agree with you guys on the e bay prices.. they are depressing. This may be the first used Harley I've every had that I don't MAKE 1000-2000 on.
I found my bike on e bay... but bought it after the auction ended $3100.00 BELOW his reserve. I paid a lot of money 15,500 for an 02 with 1500 miles.. but he had EVERYTHING you could get in the catalog from the dealer in late 02...SE pipes, download,windshield, chrome hand control,billet foot controls,shift linkage, belt guards,seat base,sissy bar,rack..blah, blah.
I ridden it a few times and it's a neat bike. I have Ozzy's chrome/chrome ghostflames ordered for it and have done the 28 tooth. That;ll be it until I see if I like it as much as my deuce.
Seeing how enthused you guys are about the v rod is nice to see..I don't get much respect here in michigan

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
ggthong.

Welcome to the group. Respect from who in Michigan? Screw then, or better yet, pass them and leave them in the dust ;)

As for value, the V-Rod isn't holding artificial values like the traditional Harley's because real consumers are buying them, not cultists :2cents

BTW, $15,500 is still more than dealer invoice (~$14,500) when the bike was new. Regardless of what the person paid or put onto the bike, having a value of more than dealer invoice 2 years later isn't too bad. (we all know that accessories are money thrown down the toilet when it comes time to sell) See if you can say the same about almost any car or ANY other motorcycle after 2 year, regardless of mileage or options.....

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
I sure didn't buy mine for an investment! I bought mine on ebay new from a dealer about 200 mi. away & have been very happy. :D I would be very careful buying a used bike from an individual though.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Max said:
if you purchased a v-rod as an investment then you may have not made a wise investment.
I'm not sure that any new model Harley can be considered an "investment" these days... And thats not necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully more bikes will get bought by people who want to ride them.

An interesting analysis of buying a Harley an an "investment" can be read here . (CAUTION: The linked site contains opinions that may offend some Harley owners...)

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Yea but... I was told a tale on New Years by another rider. He said his buddy's hair cut gal, when she found out he had a bike, was all excited and insisted on seeing it. When they got outside and she saw it was a Honda, immediately turned around and went back inside. Another lady told me she has a gal working for her whose only firm requirement in dating a guy is that he owns a Harley. I asked her "what about a Jap cruiser?". She said "Are you kidding?".
Its just the way it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts