Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Which if any v-rodforums.com events do you plan to attend this year?

• I plan to attend Palm Beach event.

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • I plan to attend the KC Rally at Basswood.

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • I plan to attend both the KC and Palm Beach events.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I am unable to attend either event this year.

Votes: 121 58.5%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which if any v-rodforums.com events do you plan to attend this year?

·
skin changer
824 Posts
These are all over 1000 miles away for me and that makes it hard. I like events closer to me...up to maybe 500 miles away or closer.
I will be at the Daytona Beach event next year.....but that is not one of the choices. I was there this year and enjoyed it and I'm a snowbird that moves south for the winter anyway.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Unfortunately, they're both kinda far from SoCal!

:(

·
Registered
215 Posts
Both HOG DR and myself will be staying at Basswood...PARTY.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
i bought my v-rod for an "all around bike". looking at v-rod forums, all owners are racers. i've never raced mine, nor do i plan to. at $22,500 in CA, it's going to be my only bike for a long time. is there anybody out there who uses their v-rod for travel, cruising with friends, ... there's all kinds of performance enhancers, but the one thing
deleted is "HOW FAR CAN YOU GO UNTIL REFUELING?" stock v-rod (driving slow on the "street") gets approx 32 mpg. about 120 miles per tank. great small tank for racing. terrible tank if your riding with fatboys, wide glides, sportsters, ... is ther anybody out there, in the real world, who has any interest in extended range, or knows how to increase fuel capacity, or a re-map for ecm, for increased mileage?

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
ken schussel said:
i bought my v-rod for an "all around bike". looking at v-rod forums, all owners are racers. i've never raced mine, nor do i plan to. at $22,500 in CA, it's going to be my only bike for a long time. is there anybody out there who uses their v-rod for travel, cruising with friends, ... there's all kinds of performance enhancers, but the one thing
deleted is "HOW FAR CAN YOU GO UNTIL REFUELING?" stock v-rod (driving slow on the "street") gets approx 32 mpg. about 120 miles per tank. great small tank for racing. terrible tank if your riding with fatboys, wide glides, sportsters, ... is ther anybody out there, in the real world, who has any interest in extended range, or knows how to increase fuel capacity, or a re-map for ecm, for increased mileage?
We all are. Do a search and you will find plenty of ideas and information. I have found that none of the guys I ride with want to ride more than about 70 or 80 miles without stopping anyway. The only exception to this was going out to KC with a some other V-Rods. They wanted to see just how far they could go without stopping for fuel. Oh I almost forgot :vrodforu: .

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have mine set up for touring and ride it an hour to work and an hour home each day. I'm more comfortable filling up prior to riding in each direction but if I top off and stay out of the throttle, and I'm talking keeping the RPMs BELOW 4Gs until I reach the cruise speed of 70 I can make both trips on one tank. However, it is in the red alert mode on the final leg and that makes me pretty nervous. I'm much more comfortable filling it up and RIDING it. :angeldev: I'm short and I have the reduced reach pegs and Kuryakyn Switchblades up front, the Sundowner seat and touring pillion with touring backrest, saddle-bags and I'm thinking very seriously about adding the reduced reach bars and a touring windshield because I get so cramped after about 30 minutes or so and that makes the remaining 30 minutes a little annoying. Once I get the bike so it fits my smaller frame, I'll be okay. It's a little annoying filling up twice a day but it isn't too bad and I'm getting roughly 35-41MPG. Don't know of any way to increase fuel capacity or MPG except to keep the revs lower as you accelerate. If more fuel is a big concern... check out the awesome VRSCR! Kewl! However, I HAVE raced the bike while I was in Hawaii and ran low 14s first time out of the gate. Got into the low 13s second time around. I already had the Sundowner seat, touring pillion and backrest on it. Everyone was laughing at the Old Man's V-Rod till I yanked the throttle and shocked the living hell out of them. To race it now would take about an hours worth of work taking everything off of it but I can't wait to find another track here in Florida and see if I can take my times down. Haven't installed any performance upgrades yet because most are SO expensive, but they are certainly something I'm looking into. And yeah, I sure as hell intend on riding up to Palm Beach. ROCK ON :vrod:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts