Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

As we approach 1000 members, it occured to me that should we want it, we could probably be the countries BIGGEST H.O.G. Chapter! We'd need to call HD and see what they'd think of a cyber chapter, but hey, it brings up interesting possibilities!

Thoughts?

KARAF

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd join!! Not sure how that would all work out though... I think it's a great idea...

·
Registered
582 Posts
KARAF

That's a pretty cool idea. The HOG idea is original. The Harlet Email Digest(HeD) has been around for a long time and it has patches, even a yearly 'meet in the middle' rally.

Nice one,

Rodman

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Harlet email!!! OOOOHHH give me the address I wanna email some harlets,just don't tell the wife. :diablo: :stooge:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Z16monte said:
Harlet email!!! OOOOHHH give me the address I wanna email some harlets,just don't tell the wife. :diablo: :stooge:

Busted! Guess I could edit that post to look like a better speler.

:slap: :slap:
ouch!

·
Registered
974 Posts
I believe you need a sponsoring dealership(Official new bike dealership that sells H-D)
JMO
BobT

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Our own chapter would be nice.Maybe we can convince HD to allow it.That would be pretty sweet,Everyyear we would have an annual meeting in Kansas City(home of the V-Rod).
If HD wouldn't recognize it,then we could just start a worldwide Club. :thumb:

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
V-Rod made the cover of the HD Entheusiast mag I just got in!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Awsome idea.

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next steps...

It looks like we have enough interest to ask the question "CAN we do it IF we want to?" Does anyone have any contacts at HD or a name to contact? I'm happy to make the first call, but I have no insider contacts to help out...

KARAF

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
So if was done without their help, what could MoCo say? No? That'd be pretty dumb on their part. The largest voice of V-Rod ownership and them saying no....even after the fact? I mean, what really is the HOG sponsorship about? What do you get if you have or are a member of a Chapter? I belong to HOG national, but not local. Maybe I am missing something, but what is the benefits of it?

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Why does is have to be an offical HOG chapter? We could make it our own club, with our own patch, and our own rules.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
How about "VROG" (V Rod owners group).

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
dereck said:
Why does is have to be an official HOG chapter? We could make it our own club, with our own patch, and our own rules.
Right on! we Do not need anyones permission , as long as we do not use the term H.O.G. or any other trademarks.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
If we start are own group.And HD sees this they might want to have a talk with us about becomine something official w/HD.You know that they would try to get involved someway.They wouldn't want to be left out.

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HD Follow up...

I've got a call in to my regional rep, I'll let you know what I hear back.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts