Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rider killed in Stephenville, Newfoundland on Thursday past on a modified 02 VRSCa with 260mm wide tire kit and turbo/nitrious modifications. RCMP police report states the cycle left the road and crashed into the ditch.this guy was a very experienced rider also.the police are looking at malfunctions with the cycle in their investigation.His wife rode a V-Rod also.I dont think this rider was a member of 1130cc.com.here is some info related to the funeral procession:

"Friends:
I guess by now you have all heard the heart-breaking, tragic news that Darren Pearce was killed in a motorcycle mishap on Indian Head on Thursday Aug. 23rd.Conversations with Carla Pearce and family indicate that a motorcycle procession would be welcomed at the funeral. The funeral will take place at St. Stephen's Parrish on 2:00 Monday, August 27. The mororcycle procession will follow the lead car to the cemetary.This is to invite all riders who would like to show their respect to a fellow biker and can make it, to attend. Thanks and see you there".

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thats terrible news. Perhaps we can find out his forum name? Sorry for both him and his wife. Bad enough to lose a loved one but even worse if she witnessed it.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Prayers sent to his family.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
This is terrible news, he was a member here. He did not have a turbo or NOS that I am aware of but he did have a wicked extension on his forks that when I saw them I hoped they would not cause him problems. In his own post he indicated that he had a 280 rear also but I don't think it was a kit of anykind.

Rest in Peace NEWFIEGUY.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
R.i.p.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Looking back at his history he was running NOS, he made the change to his front end this last winter and his wife got her V-Rod in March. This really is sad. According to what I can tell he has had the 280 tire on for at least a year and the only recent change looks like the front forks.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
r.i.p Bro...

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
R.I.P.

:sad:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
handydan said:
R. I. P. Prayers to all his friends and family
:them: :sad: .

·
"Keg Security"
3,428 Posts
R.I.P.

He only had 7 posts but I remember seeing some of those pics in his gallery.
Very sad news.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Thoughts and prayers going out to his friends and family...... terribly sad news.... the 1130cc.com family has taken some very hard lumps this summer... :sad:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I had 10" over front forks on my BSA back in '73, and discovered that going fast into a curve, counter steering doesn't work with the front wheel way out there. I rode the white line for a few yards hanging off the inside of the curve. After changing my undies, I immediately lowered the front about 5 inches.
My condolences to his family.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i met him a few times and very nice guy~ his bike stole the show at the 2006 & 2007 Ride for Sight bash~ he had it on display for photo ops

RIP

1 - 20 of 51 Posts