Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

v-rod vs kawasaki

2K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  ragingBULL 
#1 ·
i was wondering if anybody knows if a new v-rod dx will beat a kawasaki 2000cc cruser?

#9 ·
myvrodrocks said:
Finally someone wants to compare apples with apples....
What you don't like those great stories of people smoking Suzuki Hayabusas on their stock Vrods:rofl:

#10 ·
JDR_ROD said:
What you don't like those great stories of people smoking Suzuki Hayabusas on their stock Vrods:rofl:

"uhgghhghg....new guy here....uhhh do you guys think my Vrod can beat a F-16? Uhgghhh
I had a guy wants to race for titles....ughhhh....I know thye will do like 3k mph....but ughhhhh...do you think I can beat him if I put honey on my tire???"

#11 ·
I smoked a busa then I fixed my oil burning problem and I can't do it no more.

#12 ·
I'm never too sure about that analogy. Do you actually want an apple, or is a peach a more appealing fruit?

I think it is perfectly valid to compare a V-Rod against a GSXR1000. The GSXR is faster and handles better, but it is a pain in the arse to ride at legal speeds and the riding position hurts after a while. A V-Rod is quick enough to leave anything except a superbike for dead, handles nicely until you run it out of ground clearance, at which point you are pushing your luck anyway, and that 95% of the time when you the roads are not suitable for nailing the throttle it will put a big grin on your face, while a Gixer will put a big pain in your wrists.

Roll on with apple to peach comparisons! I love my V-Rod, and I don't have to make excuses for it.

As for fake Harleys like the Vulcan, I'd rather eat a bucket of goat's vomit.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Louis said:
I think it is perfectly valid to compare a V-Rod against a GSXR1000.
No it's not :spank:

Comparing a Vrod to a GSXR1000 is like comparing an Audi A6 to a Ferrari. But they both have 4 wheels you say...

A Vtwin and a 4 cylinder in-line? 9k redline and 14k? 600lbs compared to 287? 110 hp compared to 185 hp? Forward controls, raked front-end and no shrouds?

Comparing a gixxer1000 and an R-1 or a ZX-10 and a Fireblade, that is the same.

Vrods, warriors, vulcan2000, ....victory vegas. All v-twins...

see where I am coming from?

#15 ·
Do you get the Audi RS4 in the US? Comparing an RS4 to to a Ferrari is entirely valid. The Ferrari is faster and handles better, but is a PITA to own and use. The RS4 is still damn quick and handles superbly, but you can use it and enjoy it every day.

Very like the Gixxer / V-Rod comparison in fact.

#16 ·
I live in Geramny. I drive an S6. Same engine as the RS4 with a lot less turbos. :)

But still an RS4 and a Ferrai don't go in the same category. A Porsche GT3 and a Lambo, Bugatti veryon, Ferrai go in the same category...

A RS4 goes with a BMW M6, or the AMG Mercedes...

Do I have to teach you everything? :cheers:

This is just my point of view.

I read a lot of car magazines and I have never seen an article like that - RS4 and Ferrari....won't happen.

#19 ·
I know they don't go in the same category, that's my point - comparing outside category can be useful.

Obviously RS4 v dumper truck is meaningless because they don't do the same thing at all, but an RS4 and a Ferrari both do the same basic thing - they are supposed to be fun while going F word quick. And you can reasonably ask how much practicality you are prepared to lose to go that little bit quicker.

Again, as per Gixer and V-Rod.

As a European myself, and I take it you are a temporary one, I'd see no point in a Warrior / Vulcan comparison because they might both be the same fruit, but the fruit is a horrible one that tastes of dead worms and any person of discernment would chuck them both in the bin without quibbling over which is worse.

A Gixer / V-Rod comparison is fine - they are very different ways of solving the same basic problem: going fast and having fun.

#20 ·
I guess...

We are both hacking 2 different ends of the spectrum and are not getting anywhere.

I just know better than to put my bike against the wrong competetion.

I just get tired of the same old thread..."can my bike beat a sport bike?"

Well if you must know....don't ask that here because you sill get 10 different answers...go find one and run him, then tell the story truthfully.

#21 ·
I agree asking "Will my V-Rod go faster than a GSXR1000" is a dumb question.

But equally I don't think you can excuse a bike for being a pig by pointing out it has a curly tail.

You can hack a V-Rod up the mountain roads around here bloody quickly. As fast as a GSXR? No. As much fun? Undoubtedly.

#22 ·
Why are there so many threads about what a V-Rod can beat in a race? I'm not putting down anything. I just do not understand why that matters at all. I guess it's a testosterone thing and I'll never get it...

#23 ·
Kelley said:
Why are there so many threads about what a V-Rod can beat in a race? I'm not putting down anything. I just do not understand why that matters at all. I guess it's a testosterone thing and I'll never get it...

I don't understand the question Kelley....is there any other reason to own anythinig with an engine? Isn't that the reason we invented engines? To go faster than something else?

#24 ·
Kelley said:
Don't you ever wish your lipstick stayed applied longer than the other ckick's? :D

#25 ·
myvrodrocks said:
I don't understand the question Kelley....is there any other reason to own anythinig with an engine? Isn't that the reason we invented engines? To go faster than something else?
I thought we invented 'em to just to ride around and have fun. Didn't knwo we had to RACE! Nobody told me that.

TexasV-Rod said:
Don't you ever wish your lipstick stayed applied longer than the other ckick's? :D
well now THAT would be nice ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.