Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not to upset anyone...well OK maybe, but more for info.
I dont wanna drop 25k, then relize a mistake !

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
if your dropping 25k on a v-rod, i have a bridge for sale

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drop me off a cheaper 08 aniv. I will buy you a beer.
Regina Sask. Canada

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Take them both for a ride buy the one you like, who cares what you ride as long as you do.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
+1
:them:

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
tyson876 said:
if your dropping 25k on a v-rod, i have a bridge for sale
That's Canadian money....so it would be about $250 US! :deal: :D :stilpoke:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Night and day bro 2 diffrant worlds test them both

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
23,728.22 USD is still one hell of allot of money for a v-rod. Are you guys in Canadia really having to pay that much for a V?

To answer your question though, I think the V-rod is a much nicer motorcycle than the fat bob. In the end though its really your decision to make, ride both and report back to us what you think. Whatever decision you choose for the love of god make the right one if its that expensive.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Whats a Fatbob? You mean streetbob(Dyna) or fatboy(softail). Either way if your interested in buying affordable bikes in Canada. Our fellow forum buddie PATM will be very helpful. Give ole Pat a shout.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
No, there is now a Fat Bob. A Dyna styled like a street fighter.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
By coincidence I was out on a '99 Dyna Sport on Friday. I'm sure the Fat Bob is better (I'd like to try one) but it would have to be a LOT better that Sport to be within a million miles of the V-Rod on any objective basis.

If you want a decent motorbike, then go V-Rod every time. If you want the Harley experience, then the Dyna has much more of it: it sounds the part, feels the part, hates turning, revs like a tractor and the handling on that 99 was apalling, but I think that was partly down to the comedy forks, and they have thicker ones now.

I like Dynas, they are fun. But I buy a motorcycle not JUST to have fun, but to have usable, safe, quick, practical transport. The V-Rod is usable, safe, quick, practical transport. I'd not want to find myself in a hurry to get home on a wet, dark night on unfamiliar roads on a Dyna.

Your call - enjoy, whichever you pick.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you're looking for a smooth ride with lost of handling and a long power band go with the v-rod. If your looking for a comfy, ride with down low power, go Dyna. If you're a customizer and want a giant book-of-parts (ie Custom Chrome Catalog) go Dyna. If you don't mind digging around a bit for parts but will still have a custom-go-fast ride? Go V-rod..... bottom line, test ride them both and let the bike tell you what you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts