Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gots me a race this weekend....

04vrsca vs 03 cobra.

cobra has some mods done, it had a KB on it, and was supposeldy 700 some hp, but now hes back to the stock Eaton blower, with a upper/lower pulley change,exhaust, tune, and whatever other boltons. prolly 500 or so now if i had to guess from teh mods he told me a while back.

prolly running from a dig.

im pretty confident ill smoke him, but who knows, should be decently close if he has the mods done he says.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If he is 500hp for real then it will be a very close race. It will or should come down to who gets out of the hole best. If you figure 500hp into 3300-3500 pounds you come out almost the same on hp to weight ratio, he may even have the advantage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If he's got the pulley set done, he's running more boost...with extra boost, intake, exhaust, and a good tune the '03s were laying down 500+ at the wheels. With the independent rear, though, the '99-'04 Cobras were infamous for not getting power to the ground. It probably depends on his tires, his abilities, and the venue on which you're running. You'd probably take him fairly easily on the street but he might get you on the strip if he can hook up.

I've got a buddy who ran 12.4 totally stock in an '03, but he's a very good driver.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a friend of mine, so ill have him set up a camera so we can get a nice vid.

i love 03/04 cobras, i want one so bad it ridiculous.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, I'd rather have an '03 or '04 than the new GT500...gorgeous car but it's an overweight pig (not to mention the price gouging).

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
He's runnin 3700 pounds stock. Add fuel, driver and mod weight. Unless he's lightened the load quite a bit, you should have a better power to weight ratio. Get outta the hole faster and make sure you shift just before the limiter and you should take it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YellowR said:
Yeah, I'd rather have an '03 or '04 than the new GT500...gorgeous car but it's an overweight pig (not to mention the price gouging).
oh for sure, terminator >gt500. they are are cool and all, but theres just something about terminators man.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
I walked a guy in a blown Cobra getting on the freeway a few months back. When I lifted, he pulled up next to me a couple seconds later with nothing but thumbs up.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
louballs said:
New Camaro = Cadillac XLR
Why can't GM be original with their design, for a change? :banghead:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
Why can't GM be original with their design, for a change? :banghead:
BEcause they are like HD, they figure you bought it 20 years ago so you will keep buying it. Now The Challenger and Imperial is the Autos to wait for.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
it is highly possible he can beat you...my 423rwhp camaro SS is faster than my v-rod while on street tires and will flat kill a v-rod if on the slicks or a drag radial. That cobra should trap 120+ mph in the quarter and no 1130cc v-rod (unless it has a turbo/supercharger/nitrous) can trap near that fast.

you will have your hands full if he can drive it, good luck! :thumb:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I saw a Bentley on my way to work yesterday which I swear was a coupe! VERY nice!

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
I think the camaro and gsx look similar, but I prefer the Camaro IMHO, also I think Chevy is doing the "retro" look that every other manufacturer is doing with their sports cars...seems to be a trend

Attachments

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
3.5 to 60 in my Z32TT on low boost... :eek:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
luxlamf said:
BEcause they are like HD, they figure you bought it 20 years ago so you will keep buying it. Now The Challenger and Imperial is the Autos to wait for.
Yup, those Mopars sure are original designs. The Challenger's a line-for-line copy of the real original (not saying it's not good looking, just that it's not original) and the Imperial is the (stillborn) poor man's RR Phantom. I'm suprised DC didn't get slapped with a lawsuit over that one.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts