Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
nice, i could see myself getting one in a few years. how much they have on this thing?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an 05 with 1980 mi. Price tag says $19800. I think it's really sharp,very clean. I think they have it on cons. If I had any desire for a trike this one would likely be in my garage! No-it's not me sellin it.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
my 03 frankinstein trike

I just had mine converted. motor trike and several other companies also make the conversions. I had to do it because of old age and health problems. It still is a vrod in everyway except I feel a lot more comfortable and safer. The last picture is not my vrod...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Yep I know what you mean.Age is doing to get yet sooner or later.I bought a used moto trike kit from Frank Clark.It came off a 05 SE,and had I lived closer to TX he would
have done the install.
I have the under carrage installed and the body or fiber glass kit is just setting on it
trying to come up with a differant paint sceam,something clean and simple.
Curley yours looks great,and you appear to have the more raked out trees.Have you
road it yet? From what Frank said these trees are amost a must for a trike. I installed the
trees first and took a short ride, wow now I know what a chopper rides like.
Can't seam to unload a pic.but theres a couple in my gallery. Roge

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
So I gotta ask. Anyone tried the leaning suspension on a trike? If I could get that going, I might consider it.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
frankenstein v rod trike conversion

I have the 8' degree rake kit. I rode several trikes without the added rake and unless your in very good physical shape forget about going without some rake the more the better IMOP. I looked at the Mystery trike independent suspension with the tilt kit installed. I must admit that if I came into about $13,000 that I don't have a need for I would get this conversion. This amount is not installed it just for the parts. I.ve filled the tank since the conversion. It took 3 gallons and I went 105 miles. 2 gallons remaining the same gas mileage as before the conversion. I'm very satisfied with the outcome of this conversion. curley triked v rod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts