Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
well that sure is one ugly thing there, but it would really come in handy on some long trips :thumb:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I wonder how expensive it is???

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Now that is a working v-rod, I would never take mine on the beach, but I hate to clean it.

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Off topic..but..am I the only one that would never dream of riding their bike on the beach? How crazy is that? Not only do you risk dumping it, you are going to get sand all up into places that will never come out. How did he get the Jiffy Stand to not sink into the stand? Not for me, but the trailer is kinda interesting.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Night Rodder said:
Off topic..but..am I the only one that would never dream of riding their bike on the beach? How crazy is that? Not only do you risk dumping it, you are going to get sand all up into places that will never come out. How did he get the Jiffy Stand to not sink into the stand? Not for me, but the trailer is kinda interesting.

:stupid: I was thinking the same exact thing.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
ContentGuy7 said:
It looks like a brush chipper like in Fargo when the dude got shredded....!
:them: I was thinking THAT exact thing!!!

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Night Rodder said:
You never been to a place called Daytona beach? Back before the yuppies took over the rally. Most of the HC's would make a point to "ride the sand" while there. No problems as long as you dont get the salt water on the bike.
Its one of those things you can say you have done once in your life. I guess! JMHO

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
smokenjoe01 said:
You never been to a place called Daytona beach? Back before the yuppies took over the rally. Most of the HC's would make a point to "ride the sand" while there. No problems as long as you dont get the salt water on the bike.
Its one of those things you can say you have done once in your life. I guess! JMHO
I take my Road Glide down the beach when I am there, but never the V-Rod.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I'd leave the clubs and the woodchipper at home, rent clubs at the course, drink so much that actual alcohol intake would be blamed for my poor golf game due to not having my clubs, drive on the beach, but not park or activate the Submarine option that came with my 07 DX. its not the salt water that ruins bikes, its the acidity of the seaweed. Least that what my Dealer told me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Two conflicting thoughts:

1- I never have had the need for anything beyond saddlebags, but that thing looks like you would never even notice it behind you. The single wheel looks like a cool setup for small loads.

2- Why would I put the dog's ass I took off my bike carefully with a Dremel back onto something even squarer and uglier? The ass end of that thing is hideous. Haha, he said "wood".

·
American Rice
2,469 Posts
NorthILLVROD03 said:
i think its great..... a guy had a idea and went with it. maybe this idea will inspire someone to have a better one.
Will this do as better ?

Attachments

·
Pale, acute, mobile
159 Posts
From a engineering perspective, the concept of a one-wheeled trailer certainly makes sense for a motorcycle. However, if I ever needed to use one, I think I'd get a Uni-Go.

Ghost

1 - 20 of 27 Posts