Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whelp, so much for the new custom paint job this summer. I was on my way to buy a new cell phone on my sweetheart, was going to pull into a gas station and fill her up and got rearended by a frigg'en idiot with no insurance. The frame is bent so I'm sure my insurance company will total the bike but I have to put together an estimate for them first. Luckily, I have underinsured and uninsured on my policy for the bike now it's just a matter of putting together the cost to repair and then figure out what I want for medical, pain and suffering. No broken bones but my tailbone is black and blue and I have a big hole in my right elbow. That one was weird, I looked over my leathers and there isn't a hole in the sleeve, my doc says it was a compression wound, never heard of that before but the sucker hurts. It's right on the nerve that runs up and down the arm. Been a lousey summer, my dresser has been down since May, spun the left flywheel on the crank pin and took out the left side case and now my sweetheart is all banged up. Oh well, nothing that can't be fixed :). All in all, whenever you can walk away from a crash it's a good day :). Soooo, now I have two winter projects, the dresser and the V-Rod. Once I start into the rebuild I'll post pic's in my album. I'll rebuild her from the ground up with some added extra's :) and install a water/alcohol injection into it or if JIM's comes out with it's stroker kit I may just go that route and pump up the volume :)...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Jeez thats the shitz man hope your back didnt get tweeked to bad, atleast your alright. Ive noticed alot of that UNINSURED cars in the US is that normal? If we even thought to roll around with no plates out here some citizen would call it in.... Hope the bike ends up even better in the end!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Whelp, so much for the new custom paint job this summer. I was on my way to buy a new cell phone on my sweetheart, was going to pull into a gas station and fill her up and got rearended by a frigg'en idiot with no insurance. The frame is bent so I'm sure my insurance company will total the bike but I have to put together an estimate for them first. Luckily, I have underinsured and uninsured on my policy for the bike now it's just a matter of putting together the cost to repair and then figure out what I want for medical, pain and suffering. No broken bones but my tailbone is black and blue and I have a big hole in my right elbow. That one was weird, I looked over my leathers and there isn't a hole in the sleeve, my doc says it was a compression wound, never heard of that before but the sucker hurts. It's right on the nerve that runs up and down the arm. Been a lousey summer, my dresser has been down since May, spun the left flywheel on the crank pin and took out the left side case and now my sweetheart is all banged up. Oh well, nothing that can't be fixed :). All in all, whenever you can walk away from a crash it's a good day :). Soooo, now I have two winter projects, the dresser and the V-Rod. Once I start into the rebuild I'll post pic's in my album. I'll rebuild her from the ground up with some added extra's :) and install a water/alcohol injection into it or if JIM's comes out with it's stroker kit I may just go that route and pump up the volume :)...
That's a Bummer!
Glad you're doing OK though.
Don't forget to put the receipts together for the extra parts and painjob, if they total it you can get that back. Also, if you have any damage to your leathers and helmet you can get new ones out of the deal too. }:)

-Gumbysbuff

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Sorry to hear - glad to hear you are OK ....
Whats that ? two turbo bikes rear ended on the same day ? DAMN!!!!!

What is a "JIMS" stroker kit ?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Sounds like Christmas comes early for you, with the uninsured coverage! Add in everythign that you've done yourself and price it as if a shop had done it for you. That's fair.

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
sorry to hear this bro. Glad you were able to walk away. Hope you heal up quickly.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Prayer's sent for a speedy recovery :angelwin:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad your okay!

That sucks big time. Glad your okay. We usually have a half dozen deaths in this area due to idiots who for some reason, refuse to see bikes. As for the insurance.... we have that problem too, its a gamble, they are out there everywhere not just where you are. My husbands a cop and he says there are always uninsured drivers on the road in any province, state, wherever, its just russian roulet! Hopefully your own insurance comes through and sues the guy, thats what they would do here. Good luck! And get back on the pony asap!:)

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,130 Posts
Glad you are ok. 2nd turbo bike banged up I seen in 2 days here. I better be careful, maybe God hates turbos :).

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Good to hear that you're OK.

Nothing worse than hearing that something that a guy takes so much pride in has been wrecked. If the other guy wasn't, it sounds like you were smart enough to have the proper coverage and wearing a leather jacket.

Well done.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Excuse the irony, but a guy named Tbones gets hit in the rear?

Glad you're OK (somewhat). Just remember to remove your turbo (unless your insurance company wants to buy it for replacement cost). And don't forget to tell them that the installation of a turbo cost you for the tuning too. You are also entitled to replacement of any clothing and riding gear that was damaged.

I pray that everyone reads this. Not to say that pulling to the side might have helped you, but it might help others.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
glad your semi all right...was the underinsured a snot nose kid or an illegal? or a drunk with a suspended license?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Glad your still able to post, but sorry about your bike !!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
WOW! glad you were able to limp away, sucks about the double rebuilds though.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Jeez thats the shitz man hope your back didnt get tweeked to bad, atleast your alright. Ive noticed alot of that UNINSURED cars in the US is that normal? If we even thought to roll around with no plates out here some citizen would call it in.... Hope the bike ends up even better in the end!!
Signs of the economy. See alot of plates expired running around here in Ak.....that would also lead me to believe they also have no insurance, as our registrations are some of the cheapest in the US.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Good to hear you are going to live like me...lol.

We can rebuild them bigger, stronger and faster....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts