Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

what are your opinions concerning our supercharged V-rod?
im interested in any coments, critics and orders:))

link: www.tompressor.ch

if you need further information write me an email or a post

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
MAD I noticed you signed up the other day, how much boost are you pushing with the super charger and if I can ask why did you choose a super charger over a turbo charger? Also welcome to the forum, glad to have you here to share information with.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
MAD said:
Hi guys

what are your opinions concerning our supercharged V-rod?
im interested in any coments, critics and orders:))

link: www.tompressor.ch

if you need further information write me an email or a post
:welcome: I am a Big Fan didn't you do this as engineering Class Project?I read some ware s about it.Can you Translate your site?I went on,but of coarse could not understand.Have you taken her to the track yet?What are you using to increase your fuel demands? :kaz:

I ream about the V-rods Long high rpm powerband was a tuff match with the screw blower.Can you explain as Max ask why you did not take advantage of that RPM and use a Turbo instead? ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max said:
MAD I noticed you signed up the other day, how much boost are you pushing with the super charger and if I can ask why did you choose a super charger over a turbo charger? Also welcome to the forum, glad to have you here to share information with.

Max

Hi Max thank you for welcome, i hope you'll understand my english:))

A Turbo boost is to dangerous to use it on a motorbike.

A good example for this fact is the Honda CX500 Turbo.
Not very much of this examples are surviving.
The Supercharger is smooth in dosing the boost, so it would only amplify the original characteristic of the V-Rod
(which is very good in my opinion)
The powerdiagram will you find on
Tompressor.ch on the news site (which is under construction at the moment)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey super kaz

yes that was our diploma. the site will bee translated ASAP.

The engine runs now. The "Assmeter" meant, that it will run very good. and indeed the engine has only do 500 Km since new and we need a new rear tire.

Another reason for our choice for the supercharger:

supercharger translated in German: Kompressor
Our Harley dealer is called Tom

so Tom and Kompressor equals Tompressor

Do that play with a turbobooster:

Tom and Turbo equals tomturbo
not a really good name for a bike like a v-rod isn't it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
incredible

this guy has a big problem:

his pants shoud be protected against heat and fire

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
MAD,
I am a great fan of any engineer who dares to be Different!I hope to be able to talk with you more in the future.I have a couple pretty wild projects I'm working on right now!Good Luck and please stay in touch. :kaz:

P.S Hurry and fix your web site so We can all visit and understand! ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you know, does he got the licnese plate for this bike or is it forbidden to cruise it on public roads?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
MAD here in the US we are able to build just about anything and still drive it on the street. I am aware that in Europe you have to get everything inspected after it has been modified.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
MAD said:
do you know, does he got the licnese plate for this bike or is it forbidden to cruise it on public roads?
It's street Legal!Licensed and insured! :twisted:

p.s just saw the site again and saw the two of your pictures.How old are your guy's 16? :eek:

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
MAD,

you see this is the argument that really hurts them every single time you bring it up. Use it wisely...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
seems to be great to custom a vehicle in US. yes max, i can sing a song about our inspectors (thats very dangerous, you can't drive this, you have to change it to original conditions)

Super Kaz: I know, the pictures are old (schooltime at university)
I'm 25 and steve is 28 years old

Jan: thank you, thats one advantage of germany, but only in germany, in switzerland we have a speed limit 120km/h
and if you drive to fast you'll never again drive a vehicle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm interested but....

Your site needs to be in English and if the picture of the equipment on your site is what it looks like, I'll lose my interest! ;) I'll watch this thread for any developments, fred fryguy :angeldev: :laugh: :ride:

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
wlcome to the site. Glad to hear about more innovation for our bikes :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts