Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Nick, I own a Performance Harley shop in Arizona. We had a lot of guys needing an upgrade kit for the V-Rod that acutally worked and was affordable. We've tested numerous pipes and EFI controllers and have spent hundreds of hours on our dyno trying to find the best value for the money kit. So far the kit we have designed has been very successful. Everyone who has spent the $450 installed for the kit loves the sound, increase in power and the cost. Can't be beat. The kit consists of modified V-Rod mufflers, K&N filter, modified air box and sensor calibration link.

I recently received an e-mail from one of the members here regarding the kit and thought that I would share this information.

Please feel free to visit my website or e-mail me if you would like more informaiton on the kit or how to order. www.fastbikesaz.com

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
:vrodforu:
Glad to know you'll help people out.What kind of fuel controller are you usning?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Welcome Nick. Glad to have you here. :cheers:
Besides vinny's question, I'm also curious how you modified the airbox.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Nick,

Glad to we you took me up on my offer to look around that site and contribute.

One thing you will find here is people want the details on performance mods. Not that they are trying to rip you off, just that it's typically a more detail oriented audience than the average HD crowd.

I'm particularly interested in the "sensor calibration" mod. I'm pretty well versed on the EFI system and it sounds like you've come up with a novel way to trick the ECM into adding fuel without reprogramming it. Please, tell us more ;)

Mark

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mark I can guess that Nick is doing the same thing they have been doing for years on cars. That is fooling the PCM with a resistor that tells the PCM that the air temp is cooler then it is and then the PCM will in turn add more fuel. Thats just a guess though Nick so I would be interested to hear what exactly the AIT recal is.

Max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts