Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V-rod Owners, Your Suspension Solution Is Now Available From Penske Racing Shocks. A Set Of High Performance Dampers Developed From Technology Used In Irl, And Cart Racing Is Now Available. The Shock Bodies Are Chromic Acid To Match The Frame Of The Bike, They Are Also Available In Black, And The Springs Are Powder Coated To Match The Engine Cases. Polished Aluminum Spring Hardware Blends To The Swing Arm, And Exhaust System. The Shocks Have A Threaded Collar For Preload Adjustement, And Rebound Adjustement.rick Mears Owns A Set, And Was Used As Our Test Pilot To Develop The Shocks. The Shocks Run $995.00n A Set, And We Can Do Other Custom Applications. Please Feel Free To Email Me And I Can Send A Picture Out, Or Call 610-375-6180

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
TIM GODSHALL said:
V-rod Owners, Your Suspension Solution Is Now Available From Penske Racing Shocks. A Set Of High Performance Dampers Developed From Technology Used In Irl, And Cart Racing Is Now Available. The Shock Bodies Are Chromic Acid To Match The Frame Of The Bike, They Are Also Available In Black, And The Springs Are Powder Coated To Match The Engine Cases. Polished Aluminum Spring Hardware Blends To The Swing Arm, And Exhaust System. The Shocks Have A Threaded Collar For Preload Adjustement, And Rebound Adjustement.rick Mears Owns A Set, And Was Used As Our Test Pilot To Develop The Shocks. The Shocks Run $995.00n A Set, And We Can Do Other Custom Applications. Please Feel Free To Email Me And I Can Send A Picture Out, Or Call 610-375-6180
SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIM,
Don't make your first Post a Sales Pitch!Very Low Class!Introduce your self and lets us get to know you First! :soapbox:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super Kaz said:
SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIM,
Don't make your first Post a Sales Pitch!Very Low Class!Introduce your self and lets us get to know you First! :soapbox:
WELL SORRY ABOUT THAT, OUR MACHINIST IS A VROD OWNER AND KEEPS TELLING ME WE NEED TO GET THE WORD OUT ON THE SHOCKS, AND SO I PUT IT OUT THERE. HE HAS SHOWN ME SOME POSTS ON THE PROBLEMS ABOUT THE SHOCKS. JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THERE IS A OPTION AVAIALBLE. I MUST SAY FOR NOT HAVING RIDDEN ONE BEFORE DAYTONA THIS YEAR THE BIKE HAS SOME SERIOUS POWER.

Tim,
as The Forum Hot Shoe Speed Racing Freak Show I'm all for improving my bikes Performance,but as a Moderator I must also watch out for Spam!Even Good SPAM! :thumb: Please introduce yourself and Company and Your Shop guy and Join are World Of Hard Core V-rod Enthusiasts! :kaz:

p.s I edited his post this is really Me! :lamer:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Speaking of shocks: what are the choices? Progressive 412, 418 and 440; Smooth Ride Shocks; Ohlins TYPE 36K; Legend Air and now the Penske.

I'm thinking of replacing mine, which are the best? I'm around 190 lbs. and ride solo 99% of the time. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
V-Man said:
Speaking of shocks: what are the choices? Progressive 412, 418 and 440; Smooth Ride Shocks; Ohlins TYPE 36K; Legend Air and now the Penske.

I'm thinking of replacing mine, which are the best? I'm around 190 lbs. and ride solo 99% of the time. Any advice is appreciated.
You forgot my Favorite!THE SOLID STRUT! :diablo:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in charge of the motorcycle department at Penske Racingh Shocks, and most of my work is in the sportbike market, we sell racing shocks for race bikes, i love to ride, and got a chance to ride Ken's bike (our machinist's) at daytona, it rips pretty good. Anyway, my boss is a big Harley fan and we have done R&D with HD before so the interest in making shock for HD's has always been there. We hooked up with Rick Mears and did a set of shocks. they look good, and he likes them alot. I will have Ken join the forum, and introduce himself. He has done alot of mods on the bike, all look cool, except i am not big on the neon lights he had done, but that is another story. I did not mean to offend anyone with the post. look for ken to post sometime later today.Tim

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Tim we are always happy to have those that make and have control over new products spend some time on the forum.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction.

Max

·
Registered
984 Posts
:vrodforu: Tim, we have a great place here and are always glad to have people join us here. The more info the better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, my name is Ken porter, and I am a tool and die maker here at penske, I have a 2003 v-rod, and love it. I did some custom work to it, d&d exhaust, custom license plate holder, moved turn signals, tiny rear mirrors, die the seat to match the frame, and chromed what ever i could. also stuck on a set of shocks, i will post some pics when ever i figure out how to do it
thanks
Kp

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
ken porter said:
hi, my name is Ken porter, and I am a tool and die maker here at penske, I have a 2003 v-rod, and love it. I did some custom work to it, d&d exhaust, custom license plate holder, moved turn signals, tiny rear mirrors, die the seat to match the frame, and chromed what ever i could. also stuck on a set of shocks, i will post some pics when ever i figure out how to do it
thanks
Kp
Ken :vrodforu: Please fell free to share any and all your V-rod Tricks! :cheers: Our Members are Animals when it comes to V-rod UpGrades! :thumb:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ken,
Tool & Die Maker, huh?
I'll bet you'll be working some serious overtime real soon...
We'd like to see your Rod when you can post it.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
Ken - just press reply button on the last post and it takes you to a more detailed resonse section - then you hit the manage attachement button and just do the obvious.
Kevin

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
ken porter said:
Here are 2 pics of the shocks on my V-rod.
Did you make an External Resovior set for Tripp Nobles Race Bike?His look allot like those. :sinister:

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yup! Penske Good!

Those look pretty trick Ken! I toured Penske's facilities back in 2000 or 2001. Very trick place with crazy F1 technology just lying around. Good people, too. Penske's involvement will be good for the V-Rod's handling.

So Tim and Ken: Is the ride height adjustable? Suppose I wanted to putt around at lowered ride height and then adjust for some curves and then adjust for a day at the drags. Can I do all of the above with one pair of shocks?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
streetfytr68 said:
Those look pretty trick Ken! I toured Penske's facilities back in 2000 or 2001. Very trick place with crazy F1 technology just lying around. Good people, too. Penske's involvement will be good for the V-Rod's handling.

So Tim and Ken: Is the ride height adjustable? Suppose I wanted to putt around at lowered ride height and then adjust for some curves and then adjust for a day at the drags. Can I do all of the above with one pair of shocks?
:sinister: The Best of Both Worlds? :dance: :kaz:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts