Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
val,i tookyour advice and sent my seat to butt buffer after talking to peter.its $140. i like the factory shape better than hd other seats and havent seen an after market seat that id spend the money on.if it works(6-8 hours without my ass wanting to leave me and go home)ill probably look to have the whole seat recovered.something to match my pearl white ghost flame paint.ill let you know how the seat works out.i also just bought the touring handle bars to let me lean back a bit more,as i was leaning too far foreward for my comfort.ive already put on the reduced reach peg kit and i like the new position better.its tough being 5'10"(LOL)or maybe im looking for the fit of my old norton(not!)well thanks for the tip and ill keep you posted on the seat results. jay

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Please DO, Jay -- I haven't had a chance to call him yet, so any more info will be greatly appreciated, especially how it is for riding!

I got an e-mail back from Corbin today. They can do a forward custom seat for their custom seat price, which I couldn't find and he didn't mention in the e-mail. But he said no backrest on a forward seat anyway, so the Butt Buffer option is looking even better.

Val

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I bought the Butt Buffer medium cover for the passenger portion of the sundowner at my wife's request. She says it's a day an night difference. I'll be taking the seat apart and installing the gell pack inside the seat this weekend. Paid $60 for the external cover (gell pack plus cloth cover with velcro) on a cash deal durring Biketoberfest. They were nice enough to let me in on some of the "secrets" to make the permanent installation work right. Sometimes it pays being able to do your own work :)

Overall a great product and great people.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
butt buffer seat -redo

val i promised to let you know about the seat outcome.i sent it to peter at butt buffer on a tuesday and got it back on thursday.really quick service!it cost $150. with shipping.it looks exactly the same so he did a nice job.i only rode it a short distance and it feels much better.the weather has been bad ,but im hoping to ride some distance sunday .if i do ill let you know whats up. jay

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Who are these guys? I guess I missed something. Any details would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where can you find the butt buffer to check it out. My wife might like something like that. Anything for comfort on her part of the seat:spank2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts