Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
My point is, very rarely on this forum do people pay what others are asking. Olive makes a good point in saying that most are not out here to make money. Don't get upset I am sure you are not one of the cheap ones right?

My point is, very rarely on this forum do people pay what others are asking. Olive makes a good point in saying that most are not out here to make money. Don't get upset I am sure you are not one of the cheap ones right?
Not upset, just don;t care for those who speak for others when they have NOT spoken themselves.
Just reword your post to read that you are cheap or something to that effect.

Jim

Settle down everybody... lol

In all seriousness OP Good Luck with the sale...

I read all these posts to get to the end and all thats here is two cheap F'in retards(Thumbs up, Stomper) trying to make jokes!!!

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Haha thumbsupracing, very nice joke to lighten the mood!

Gdub, thank you very much for your kind words and having my back so to speak. Instead of saying everyone is cheap, I guess the best way to put it is everyone wants the best deal possible...myself included (I think that's human nature).

Jim (FushionGrind): one of the first things you said is "no offense, but" yet you change people's original quotes and make it sound insulting "Get Real Man" and making comments like "are you serious?" or "are you kidding" and "WOW"...of course people are going to get offended when you make comments like that. I'm not here to argue with you or anyone else on here, but since you're obviously not interested in my exhaust...why keep making negative comments?

rippie74, I'm not hear to break anyone's bank (at the same token, I'm not going to practically give it away) and I'm not trying to insult forum members by asking $450 shipped on a product that would have cost over $600 when it was new and is now discontinued and somewhat scarce (some people have sent me messages on here and through ebay saying they think I'm asking a reasonable price, but they just don't have that type of money right now so they offer me less). If I offended you then I'm sorry, but there's really no reason for you or any other forum member to be insulted by an asking price. In regards to your comment on finding out what they are worth through ebay...these pipes and everything else you ever sell is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. However, when I've seen others on ebay selling for over $400.00, that's why I'm asking the price I am (I only want $400 for the pipes after fees are taken out, but I'm predicting it will cost at least $50.00 to ship it across the nation considering it cost me $20 or $25 to ship a 100th Anniversary half-helmet to California a few months ago. I think you nailed it right on the money when you said "settle down everybody" because I think some of us on here are taking it way too seriously. I also appreciate you wishing me good luck with the sale.

3OliveMartini: I'm not out to make a killing either and I don't know how long ago you sold your slip-ons for: was it recently...were there a lot available when you sold them...what were others selling for when you sold them...were they discontinued when you sold them...if so how long has it been since they were discontinued? you don't have to answer any of those question, but those are just some questions you have to consider. I'm not trying to rip off you or any of the other fellow members: In April I sold a brand new with tags and box 100th Anniversary helmet (I offered it on here to members for $350.00 shipped, but ended up selling it on ebay for $410 shipped within the first 48 hours that it was listed) so I do try to give a nice discount to forum members.

To anyone else whose "tried to help me"...all I'm going to say is there's a time and place for everything: For example: if you wanted first dibs on it you could have wrote that on the thread or said something like "I'll take them"; if you thought my asking price was too high you could have sent me a PM where no one else could read it and you could have said "Hey, I hope you get your asking price, but I personally think it is a little too high...if it doesn't sell soon, you might want to think about lowering it. Just my 2 cents." Instead you guys post it on here for everyone to read. Did you ever think maybe someone on here might have wanted these pipes and was willing to pay my asking price, but then he reads all your comments and got turned off by them? If you guys want to hijack my post then fine, but I hope you respect other members' postings and don't do to them what you did to me whether you agree or disagree with their asking price.

If you guys want to go back to arguing or whatever then make your peace and do whatever you gotta do to help you sleep at night, but this is the last post I will be making. Regardless, I just want to remind you guys that this site was created for V-Rod owners and people who just like the bike...we're our own V-Rod Nation in our own right that is made up of many different countries with people who have different ideas or beliefs, but at the end of the day we should all respect each other and the bikes that we love that made us become members of this community. Again, I'm asking $450.00 shipped in the lower 48 US States, but if you are interested in them and don't believe they're worth my asking price then you are welcomed to make me a reasonable offer for me to consider.

Ride safe!

-Derek

i will tell you .. when i sold mine yes they were discontinued.. i sold them for what i bought them for.. i didnt see a need to make a profit because i chose a different pipe for my bike..at the point in time i sold mine a set sold on ebay for about 450... i also had 16 gauges that were take offs before my rhinehart.. and i barted for parts for them ..

you can do what you want.. i wish you luck.. if you bought them for less and are making a profit good for you ... i hope you get what you think they may be worth.. there are way more options out there for pipes than when these were made..

i do what i can to help others because i have recieved so much from this forum i will never be able to repay in kind.. but i do my best..

i guess the point of this is.. you do what makes you feel good .. you are the one that has to look yourself in the mirror in the morning.. no one else does..

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Thanks, Malcomx! I obviously wasn't out to screw anyone on here since I offered it for less on here.

Jim, I don't know what you mean by "I like my crow served cold!" and I don't think I want to know, but it sounds like something Ozzy Osbourne might be interested in eating?

Also, the guy who was selling the SE slip on mufflers that were brand new sold them for $800 + shipping so I guess he wasn't too far off from his $950.00 Buy It Now asking price.

The OP's asking price was very fair and consistent with the market for those pipes. The SE slip on pipes for the Vrod are not "a dime a dozen" as someone posted. I have personally sold a new set for over $1,000 on ebay and although it was a couple years ago, they still have a demand because they are the only pipes that keep the style of the original mufflers, but give better performance and sound(not including vmods). New or mint condition SE slip ons have consistently sold for $400-$1200 in the past couple years, although the price does seem to be coming down.

There are those who frequent this forum who believe that parts shoud be just about given away to forum members. And while this is a commendable and generous attitude, it is not anyone's place to tell the person selling here that his price is too hi or low. If you don't like the price, don't buy it.

dbow, you handled yourself with class in this post, I respect you for that.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.