·
Dean
775 Posts
Why are you selling them?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re-listed with new price: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...633177331&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESELX:IT

If any of you forum members are interested, send me a PM. The price for forum members is $450.00 shipped in the lower 48 U.S. States. That is the lowest I'm willing to take and if they don't sell then I will just keep them. Someone has a new pair listed for $950.00 Buy it Now + shipping so I think $450.00 shipped is more than reasonable.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey no offense, but have you looked around at the economy? A $5 dollar decrease, are you serious?
WOW!
Jim
Jim-Yes, I have looked around at the economy and people still drive their Ferrari and travel to Italy in their private jets to order a new one. All jokes aside, I'm sorry if the economy has made it tough for you, but I'm a college student and have been working throughout college and all the way back to when I started mowing lawns when I was 8 years-old (I'm 20 now) plus I've invested my money so I've had the luxury of having enough money in the bank and through my investments where the economy really hasn't had much of an effect on me and again, I'm sorry if you haven't been so fortunate over the past few years as I know it has been tough for many people.

Respectfully, everyone here knows these exhausts have been discontinued and as a result are rare with a fairly high demand. It's a law of economics: low quantity with high demand = higher prices. As a result, not everyone can afford them.

I originally wasn't even going to bother selling them, but I figured if I can get my price, I'll sell it to someone who wants them rather than having them sit in a box. Last 2 of these pipes Considering I've seen others listed on ebay for more, I don't know if you guys have even read what I said: $450 shipped in the lower 48 US States for forum members so I don't even know why you guys are complaining about what I have it listed for on ebay for since it doesn't apply to you...don't forget that with ebay you have listing and final fees and then paypal takes their cut which is why I have to ask a lot more for it. Also it's a pretty large and heavy box so if someone buys it from California, it will probably be at least $50.00+ to ship it.

3OliveMartini-the last 2 used Screamin' Eagle slip-on mufflers that I saw on ebay (around a month or 2 ago), one had an opening bid of $425.00 + shipping with a bid on it with a few days left (didn't bother seeing what it ended up selling for) and another guy had a Buy It Now price of $650.00 with a few days left and after I went to check on it the next day, it wasn't for sale so it must have sold. I've already been offered $400 shipped for mine so that's just proof if someone wants them bad enough, they'll spend the money.

Considering the set up would have cost $665.00 before taxes and installation fees if you couldn't do it yourself when it was new, again I'm really surprised you guys are complaining about a $450.00 shipped asking price for something that is no longer in production. If you can't afford it or have no interest in getting it, I wouldn't bother making negative comments about it. Oh well, if no one ends up wanting them, I have no problem keeping them: they get better performance and fuel efficiency than my V-Mod exhaust does.

For everyone else who may be interested in them...it's $450.00 shipped if you live in the lower 48 US States and if you have a question or concern, you can send me a PM.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
dbow119: You/We can easily find (both) those mufflers together within the VROD scene for $150.00- $200.00 (SE Slip-ons).

The SE 16 gauge shotgun exhaust is what sells for a premium.

I'm just saying... don't get you hopes up on ca$hing in big with something like this.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dbow119: You/We can easily find (both) those mufflers together within the VROD scene for $150.00- $200.00 (SE Slip-ons).

The SE 16 gauge shotgun exhaust is what sells for a premium.

I'm just saying... don't get you hopes up on ca$hing in big with something like this.
I've never seen the slip-ons sell for $150-$200 on this forum or ebay unless they were either vmodded or dented and scratched all up to where they look horrible. If you can get them for that price and you're interested in them then I'd suggest you grab it. The 16 gauge shotgun exhaust is the one's that I've seen that are a dime a dozen and do not sell for much. However, all the slip-on style ones I've seen on ebay lately have been in the $400.00+ range so why would I sell them for $150-$200 when I know I can get double that? Besides, someone has offered me $400 shipped for them so people are willing to pay a premium for these.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
I've never seen the slip-ons sell for $150-$200 on this forum or ebay unless they were either vmodded or dented and scratched all up to where they look horrible. If you can get them for that price and you're interested in them then I'd suggest you grab it. The 16 gauge shotgun exhaust is the one's that I've seen that are a dime a dozen and do not sell for much. However, all the slip-on style ones I've seen on ebay lately have been in the $400.00+ range so why would I sell them for $150-$200 when I know I can get double that? Besides, someone has offered me $400 shipped for them so people are willing to pay a premium for these.
Slip ons (SE included) are a dime a dozen. I ride with a bunch of guys who have SE slip ons, they bought them 2nd hand & they look mint. Also they didn't pay anywhere near $400.00. The 16 gauge shotgun SE exhaust is a full system. That's what people will pay good $ for.

If you can get $400.00 for your SE slip ons you'd be crazy not to take it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rippie74: I know what the 16 guage is and I've seen a lot of them for sale and a lot of people using them so maybe it depends on where you live and I notice that's what you have for your V-Rod so I'm happy you like it...however, that's not what I'm selling so it's insignificant.

I don't know and don't honestly care how long ago your friends got their SE slip-ons, but I'm happy they got a great price for them...I'm only going by what I've seen them selling for lately.

However, since you have no interest in purchasing these mufflers, I have no idea why you're even making comments on this thread. I thought this forum was created for V-Rod owners to help each other out and sell parts or bikes or whatever. I don't go on other members' threads and put down what they're selling/asking and I don't expect people to do that to mine either.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
dbow, you are handling things very well on here, I respect that. Your price may be a little high, only the market will tell. People are cheap on here, so sometimes this is not the best place to sell. If you can wait I think there is a chance you will eventually get what you are looking for on these.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
rippie74: I know what the 16 guage is and I've seen a lot of them for sale and a lot of people using them so maybe it depends on where you live and I notice that's what you have for your V-Rod so I'm happy you like it...however, that's not what I'm selling so it's insignificant.

I don't know and don't honestly care how long ago your friends got their SE slip-ons, but I'm happy they got a great price for them...I'm only going by what I've seen them selling for lately.

However, since you have no interest in purchasing these mufflers, I have no idea why you're even making comments on this thread. I thought this forum was created for V-Rod owners to help each other out and sell parts or bikes or whatever. I don't go on other members' threads and put down what they're selling/asking and I don't expect people to do that to mine either.
I as well as FusionGrind, 3OliveMartini, the others in this thread are helping you out.. take the $400.00 & :biker: off into the sunset. Look @ it this way: It's $400.00 more than you had before for something you don't need.

You really wanna know what these are worth? After they don't sell this time around... Relist them on eBay @ a starting bid of $1.00 with no reserve. When the auction ends... the amount you have is what they are worth.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
really? i sold my slip ons to another member for 250.. i wasnt out to make a killing just get what i had in them back

they were in perfect condition.. and i wouldnt say ppl here are cheap..

i think selling with in the community is a nice thing and we arent looking to get ripped by a fellow member..

if we were a "cheap" lot .. would be we paying 300 for a tail light?

come on..

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
really? i sold my slip ons to another member for 250.. i wasnt out to make a killing just get what i had in them back

i think selling with in the community is a nice thing and we arent looking to get ripped by a fellow member..

come on..
I would say that people are cheap, myself included. That is why I said it.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts

come on..
To the OP: I'm just sayin... don't insult forum members on here by trying to sell used SE slip-on mufflers for close to $500.00. Take the $400.00 & be grateful. They are used & not new, like the other guy you were talking about on eBay who has a BIN for $950.00, odds are he'll probably never get that, but who knows anythings possible. Remember... We are in the worst economic state since the Great Depression.

As for someone saying Forum members on here are cheap? idk about that, but if someone is truly a cheap person by nature, then the VROD is the last bike you'd wanna own.

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Jim-Yes, I have looked around at the economy and people still drive their Ferrari and travel to Italy in their private jets to order a new one. All jokes aside, I'm sorry if the economy has made it tough for you, but I'm a college student and have been working throughout college and all the way back to when I started mowing lawns when I was 8 years-old (I'm 20 now) plus I've invested my money so I've had the luxury of having enough money in the bank and through my investments where the economy really hasn't had much of an effect on me and again, I'm sorry if you haven't been so fortunate over the past few years Get Real Man! as I know it has been tough for many people.

Respectfully, everyone here knows these exhausts have been discontinued and as a result are rare with a fairly high demand. It's a law of economics: low quantity with high demand = higher prices. As a result, not everyone can afford them.

I originally wasn't even going to bother selling them, but I figured if I can get my price, I'll sell it to someone who wants them rather than having them sit in a box. Last 2 of these pipes Considering I've seen others listed on ebay for more, I don't know if you guys have even read what I said: $450 shipped in the lower 48 US States for forum members so I don't even know why you guys are complaining about what I have it listed for on ebay for since it doesn't apply to you...don't forget that with ebay you have listing and final fees and then paypal takes their cut which is why I have to ask a lot more for it. Also it's a pretty large and heavy box so if someone buys it from California, it will probably be at least $50.00+ to ship it.

3OliveMartini-the last 2 used Screamin' Eagle slip-on mufflers that I saw on ebay (around a month or 2 ago), one had an opening bid of $425.00 + shipping with a bid on it with a few days left (didn't bother seeing what it ended up selling for) and another guy had a Buy It Now price of $650.00 with a few days left and after I went to check on it the next day, it wasn't for sale so it must have sold. I've already been offered $400 shipped for mine so that's just proof if someone wants them bad enough, they'll spend the money.

Considering the set up would have cost $665.00 before taxes and installation fees if you couldn't do it yourself when it was new, again I'm really surprised you guys are complaining about a $450.00 shipped asking price for something that is no longer in production. If you can't afford it or have no interest in getting it, I wouldn't bother making negative comments about it. Oh well, if no one ends up wanting them, I have no problem keeping them: they get better performance and fuel efficiency than my V-Mod exhaust does.

For everyone else who may be interested in them...it's $450.00 shipped if you live in the lower 48 US States and if you have a question or concern, you can send me a PM.
You must be kidding right?
We were trying to help you out in selling yr pipes. If you have a buyer for the pipes then why are you advertising here?
You have 40 posts and quite a chip on yr shoulder, if I may say.
Jim

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
dbow, you are handling things very well on here, I respect that. Your price may be a little high, only the market will tell. People are cheap on here, so sometimes this is not the best place to sell. If you can wait I think there is a chance you will eventually get what you are looking for on these.
Speak for yourself not others.

Jim

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.