Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum. I just bought the Rinehart 2-2 staggered pipes for my 2005 VRSCSE. They're LOUD, and I heard you can change out the baffles (Stealth Baffles?). Where can I find those, and is it difficult to change out the baffles? Thanks for some guidance/steering in the right direction.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grumby,

Thanks but do you have the TrueDual, or the staggered 1-3/4"? I know the staggered 1-3/4" were discontinued when Rinehart combined with BUB, but someone has to still sell this "stealth" baffle. I think this is what I need, but possibly one of those baffles will work also. Who knows. I'm pretty sure there's a baffle in there, but not much at all. The problem is, all the websites I found that sell (or sold) the "Stealth" baffle are now discontinued and out of stock. Thanks for any guidance.

http://www.wpsracing.com/rirastbafi20.html

·
Registered
507 Posts
Grumby,

Thanks but do you have the TrueDual, or the staggered 1-3/4"? I know the staggered 1-3/4" were discontinued when Rinehart combined with BUB, but someone has to still sell this "stealth" baffle.
I have the staggered.. but they only start a 1 3/4 -- the ends are 2" with a 2.5" built-in heat shield if I'm not mistaken. I think they're the same as yours (mine are just sprayed with high-heat flat black).

IMAG0304.jpg

I'll look on-line..

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gumby, thanks for looking into it. Yes, you have the same that I have, mine are the chrome model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gumby, thanks for looking into it. Yes, you have the same that I have, mine are the chrome model.
Did you ever find the correct stealth baffles for your bike? I just bought a set of the older Rinehart 2-2 pipes and man are they loud! I had been running V-mods, and they were managable. These sound great and look even better, but just a bit too loud.
Steve
P.S. , Nice Bike!

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I did, in fact. The same guy that I bought the pipes off of, had one set only in his shop. They've been discontinued, PN#22-00036/2 , I was very lucky to have found them. Really, any baffles that can fit the 1 3/4" pipe should work. They sounded great without, but I preferred that they were quieter. Now, with these new baffles, I think they're perfect. I payed another $80 for the baffles, but well worth it. Gotta love the Blue SE's....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes I did, in fact. The same guy that I bought the pipes off of, had one set only in his shop. They've been discontinued, PN#22-00036/2 , I was very lucky to have found them. Really, any baffles that can fit the 1 3/4" pipe should work. They sounded great without, but I preferred that they were quieter. Now, with these new baffles, I think they're perfect. I payed another $80 for the baffles, but well worth it. Gotta love the Blue SE's....
I did some searching in the exhaust section, and found a guy who bought a set of QQ baffles from Thunder City for his Rineharts. If I can't find a set of stealth baffles somewhere, I'll give these a try.Thanks for the P/N.

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
try this LINK. just a long shot.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you do find one in stock, I suggest you call them before placing an order. An unnamed company that I originally placed an order with didn't inform me they're out of stock an no longer carrying them until I inquired about the status of my order 2 weeks after ordering. I was pretty livid that they waited that long to tell me they no longer carried them, after I paid them on their website ordering system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you do find one in stock, I suggest you call them before placing an order. An unnamed company that I originally placed an order with didn't inform me they're out of stock an no longer carrying them until I inquired about the status of my order 2 weeks after ordering. I was pretty livid that they waited that long to tell me they no longer carried them, after I paid them on their website ordering system.
Thanks for the tip.

Attachments

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
baffling exhaust baffles.

I put a set into my straight exhaust. It messed up the tune. I took the v rod into a dealer and the mechanic found a smaller used set and installed them and dynoed the tune for me . My point is slide in baffles are available on eBay and at auto zone for less than $20.00 in any size you need but it will mess up your tune. Another point the little tangs metal pieces inside the pipe are adjustable to control the air flow, a lot more to it them just placing them into your exhaust pipe. good luck go for it...

·
Registered
92 Posts
DMAC,
I took a chance and called BuB to see if they still had any of the baffles left. The young lady I talked too did a lot of checking, and found a set of the Stealth baffles P/N: 22-00036/2. $70.00 plus shipping. I should have them in a couple of days. Any suggestions on removing the end caps without damaging them? I tried tapping on one of them,and they are tight. I'm thinking of using a slide hammer and grabbing them from the inside.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NOOOOO Don't remove the endcaps!!! There's a screw on the inside of the pipe about 2 inches from the endcap (closest to the tire, I did this with the pipes still on the bike.) It's an allen screw, if I remember correctly. Remove that screw, then you'll be able to remove the "stock" baffle. What I did, which I can't believe worked, is I threaded a wire hangar thru a big deep socket to be able to "pull" the stock baffle. If you thread the socket just right, it'll catch on the other side of the baffle, sideways, and now you can just pull the hangar (I used a handle to wrap the hangar around). This will in turn loosen the baffle, and should pull right out. I recommend using antiseize on your new baffles (coat them) just in case you need to remove them later on. I also wrapped the center section of the baffle with exhaust packing, bought some off ebay for a couple bucks (don't know how long that steel wool lasts, but thought I'd give it a try...secured it with aluminum tape). Be careful putting the baffles in, you don't want to scratch the endcaps. (Masking tape them while installing the baffles). For the stealth baffles, I had to drill a hole in them for the screw to enter the baffle and hold them in place. I also used a little S-100 to loosen the old baffles a little for easier removing (it's soap). Others chime in, but this process worked well for me. Glad you found some.

·
Registered
92 Posts
NOOOOO Don't remove the endcaps!!! There's a screw on the inside of the pipe about 2 inches from the endcap (closest to the tire, I did this with the pipes still on the bike.) It's an allen screw, if I remember correctly. Remove that screw, then you'll be able to remove the "stock" baffle. What I did, which I can't believe worked, is I threaded a wire hangar thru a big deep socket to be able to "pull" the stock baffle. If you thread the socket just right, it'll catch on the other side of the baffle, sideways, and now you can just pull the hangar (I used a handle to wrap the hangar around). This will in turn loosen the baffle, and should pull right out. I recommend using antiseize on your new baffles (coat them) just in case you need to remove them later on. I also wrapped the center section of the baffle with exhaust packing, bought some off ebay for a couple bucks (don't know how long that steel wool lasts, but thought I'd give it a try...secured it with aluminum tape). Be careful putting the baffles in, you don't want to scratch the endcaps. (Masking tape them while installing the baffles). For the stealth baffles, I had to drill a hole in them for the screw to enter the baffle and hold them in place. I also used a little S-100 to loosen the old baffles a little for easier removing (it's soap). Others chime in, but this process worked well for me. Glad you found some.
Man am I glad I asked! Common sense would seem to dictate that the end cap holds the baffle in, but I looked at mine after you post and now I see how they come out. Thanks again.:notworth::banghead::banghead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts