Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..I got it bad. right after I fixed the left foot peg bolt issue, I had to go to work (7pm) it is pretty cold for around these parts-yeah, took the V-Rod to work (10 min. ride). it has rained the past two days, but it is dry now. I'm sure part of it is because this is my first mc I have owned, but honestly- I start to 'feel bad' if I don't get to ride for more than a few days in a row..
let me hear from some other 'addicts' and thanks for sharing:)

·
New DXer
186 Posts
Enjoy it while it lasts. I have been riding for over 8 years consistently and over 25 years total. You will go through many stages and evolutions of your passion, so take it from someone who knows. Enjoy the highs as well as the lows and try to get as much enjoyment out of the bike that you can. Be CAREFUL, but rip it up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a similar situation (also 10 mins to work). I depend on the weather channel ap to determine if I'm riding to work . It used to be if it was more than a 30% chance of rain, I'd take the TA or get a ride with the wife. Now it has to be 60% for me to even consider the alternative.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
This too is my first bike and thought I would only ride it to work (40 miles round-tip) maybe two days a week...Ha Ha... Turned out to be every day unless it rained in the mornings. I had a permanent smile for quite some time before the novelty wore off...but still enjoy riding very much.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
It's not an addiction.I'm not addicted.I can quit any damned time I choose to,I just havn't chosen yet.Leave me alone,it's my life I'm a full grown free man,and I live in America,land of the free!
If you don't like what I'm doing,turn your head the other way.

I'll tell ya,it's not just the V-Rod,even though my V-Rods are 2 of the coolest vehicles I've ever owned.
I have had this feeling of satisfaction while on a motorcycle since about 12 years of age,when I put a 1.5hp B&S engine on a modified 20'' bicycle frame.I wish there were pictures of what we made.There was me,my brother,Ronnie,Alan and Charles of the mechanically inclined in the hood.Oh,and big Italian Frank from the block over.he had a store bought mini bike with a brake on it!
We had it bad back then too.I actually stole,as far as I was concerned borrowed,the engine from my fathers fancy lawn edger and came close to an ass wippen over that.
Then Allen came up w a 45 that still ran,and we were hooked for good!

It's been many years since I've seen those guys.Frank was the last guy I hung with,which was about 22 years ago when he moved here and was working for a Ford dealer as a line mechanic.
This here little post has encouraged me to look these guys up.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not an addiction.I'm not addicted.I can quit any damned time I choose to,I just havn't chosen yet.Leave me alone,it's my life I'm a full grown free man,and I live in America,land of the free!

I'll tell ya,it's not just the V-Rod,even though my V-Rods are 2 of the coolest vehicles I've ever owned.
I have had this feeling of satisfaction while on a motorcycle since about 12 years of age,when I put a 1.5hp B&S engine on a modified 20'' bicycle frame.I wish there were pictures of what we made.There was me,my brother,Ronnie,Alan and Charles of the mechanically inclined in the hood.Oh,and big Italian Frank from the block over.he had a store bought mini bike with a brake on it!
We had it bad back then too.I actually stole,as far as I was concerned borrowed,the engine from my fathers fancy lawn edger and came close to an ass wippen over that.

It's been many years since I've seen those guys.Frank was the last guy I hung with,which was about 22 years ago when he moved here and was working for a Ford dealer as a line mechanic.
I have close friends since we were 15-18 yrs. old still living close enough to visit and get together-we are in our mid to late 40's now. look up your old buddies, and turn back the clock

·
Registered
943 Posts

Great story I had welded rims tire on 1 side friction tape on the rim with no tire:blahblah:1 side shaft motor on angle iron push start no brakes:broke:Scrapes&bruses I still got hooked:moped:

·
'00 107" FXD, '07 AW
1,232 Posts
After nigh on 40 years of riding .. the only days I don't ride, unless I just can't find the time or I'm out of town, is when it is raining ~ so far this is my only concession to old age; when I was a 'kid' I rode rain or shine.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
:helpme:If I was found inside my apartment curled-up in the fetal position after not riding for a week, does that mean I'm addicted?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i'm not addicted, not to the v-rod at least, I just picked up two more dirtbikes after picking up a CBR 600rr earlier this year....a shitty economy makes for some KILLER deals on toys :thumb:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
i keep buying bikes too!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I buy/ride/sell. I want to ride 'em all before i die. I think I've bought/sold about 7 or 8 in the last 2 years. Picked up my 2nd V this year and plan to keep it. Picking up a 2005 Sportster 1200 Saturday, just to resell.
Also went thru about 10 trailers in the last 3 years. Buy, take on a trip, sell, hate lookin' at 'em in the garage or side of house.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
You are not going to like the Mod addiction part of the v rod...LMAO

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've owned my 2003 Ultra since '05 and I haven't added much of anything. Stirrups for my highway pegs is the only thing that comes to mind. And a couple windshields. Other than that....can't think of anything. But, the guy before me added a boatload, so that of course helped me out. This '03 V has everything I think I want/need, except a seat with a rider backrest. I've had a broken back, so I need a backrest for any riding over a couple hours.
Just missed a deal on a Corbin on Ebay today, but the shipping was high. I'm not in a hurry, so I'll look for a deal on one.

Mustang makes a sweet lookin' grey seat with rider backrest, but I'm not paying retail for one, just not that important to me right now.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
what do u mean rod.do some people get addicted to modding , lucky im not one of them,i just like improving my bike for safty reasons only.haha ask my wife ,she knows chrome helps cars know ur in their blins spot .lmao

and as for this thread ,it has rained neally every saturday and sunday,ive had off or able to ride for 3 months and i get as grumpy as a i ever get grrrr

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
..I got it bad. right after I fixed the left foot peg bolt issue, I had to go to work (7pm) it is pretty cold for around these parts-yeah, took the V-Rod to work (10 min. ride). it has rained the past two days, but it is dry now. I'm sure part of it is because this is my first mc I have owned, but honestly- I start to 'feel bad' if I don't get to ride for more than a few days in a row..
let me hear from some other 'addicts' and thanks for sharing:)
Feel the same way! If your ever near here we should get together. If you do pm me and we'll get together for lunch some Saturday we can meet 1/2 way or something.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
vee rod3-I like to go to Roosevelt state park in Morton, and also have fished Calling Panther lake further up 55. haven't tried Ross Barnett yet, but saw it from the road. holla if you ever make it toward the mississippi gulf coast or the big easy, and the next time I head up toward you I'll let you know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nothing like having a long day at work then getting off and riding the vrod like I stole it...Makes me smile every time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts