Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a phat tail for the v-rod.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
check out the members gallery.My bike run a 240 when the slick is not on!:diablo:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super Kaz said:
check out the members gallery.My bike run a 240 when the slick is not on!:diablo:
whats the max size you can add stock. www.performancemachine.com has the kits for soft tails just can't seem to find anything for the v-rod

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
TIM, bone stock many of us run the Metz 200 without a problem. I have seen kits upto 280 but they use offset, I think the 240 as Kaz has requires swing arm and rear fender changes.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
it uses stock swing arm just new rear fender and lots of CASH!:cool: check out Ricks Customs out of Germany they have all you need!:diablo:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
TIM said:
whats the max size you can add stock. www.performancemachine.com has the kits for soft tails just can't seem to find anything for the v-rod
Part of the reason you see conversions for the other Harley's and not so much for the V-Rod is the ridiculously skinny tires that come stock on them. 150's on most and the widest, a 160 on the Deuce. All on appropriately narrow rims.

The V-Rod comes with a 180 on a 5.5" rim and can take a 200 easily and by next Daytona Bike week (March) there will probably be 3 or 4 options for a 240 that doesn't require a new swing arm or a wallet full of cash. That should be sufficiently "phat" for you.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I would like to see some of these more affordable cost 240 tire setups. While the 200 is nice phatter is better.:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree! I emailed Rick's and they told me the total would be around $4800 which for me is not going to happen! You can get away with it costing around $3000 if you op for the soild rear rim and not change the front one. Let's make a pack if someone finds a 240/250 setup cheaper they will post!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine has the standard swing arm
with a 240 tyre on it

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
The stock swingarm on a V-Rod that comes with a 240mm rear tire will easily take a 260mm tire without any mods to the bike, and most importantly just for the cost of the wider tire.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
geeze Tony - you are just the KING of resurrecting 10 year old threads - aren't you...

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts