Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I am still a vrod owner...technically. However, if possession is 9/10 of the law, then I'm only a 1/10 owner. Yea...my bike was stolen.

I just moved it up to school with me (NC -> IN). I've put about a hundred miles on it since i've been here (a week). It was parked right outside my window in a carport along with another vrod. Mine was stolen, his was not. It must've happened between 1am-5am. I'm kinda mad at myself. I used to park my Sportster in front of my car but didn't put the vrod there since it was a little bigger and would make my car stick out. So, my roommate and I parked them in my spot together. The bike was completely locked up. Weird thing is that his wasn't...and they took mine (wide tire...must be a hot item).

Oh well. I probably won't get another bike. This was a "gift" from the parents and, well, I don't think they'll be inclined to leave another one here with me. It's a very good part of town though. Big apartment complex...and like I said, my window is literally 15ft away. Oh well...maybe the police will find it? I looked around on campus but didn't see anything...other than like 10 motorcycle trailers...of course.

If anyone in the area (Lafayette, IN ... you Eagle HD guys), let me know. It was a 2007, Blue, custom mirrors and pegs and the turn signals were relocated. Chances are slim of finding it i'm sure...but i suppose i'll hold out hope. :banghead:

·
Chuck
2,292 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Insurance won't pay for the replacement?

·
Registered
267 Posts
That really sucks to have your V-Rod stolen! Report it to the police and collect the insurance ... and hope the fools that stole it get what is coming to them.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
DAMN that sucks big time! I am sorry man. Hope they catch them. Insurance will buy you another one.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
sgtrage said:
It's those friggin' Purdue students! Can't trust 'em!

Hope you get your bike back dude!

:them: This is very true GO BUCKS!

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
That does suck. It is also the most laid back thread of a stolen V-Rod that I have read.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
damn, i hate a thief!

·
Never Late
520 Posts
keep an eye on ebay everyone.....ebay is a melting pot for stolen goods. Theifs will steel cars...bikes....strip them down and sell the parts. Just keep an eye on ebay for a few months for parts that might be from your bike. It is alot less risky for theifs to sell parts then a whole bike with a vin.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nval8 said:
keep an eye on ebay everyone.....ebay is a melting pot for stolen goods. Theifs will steel cars...bikes....strip them down and sell the parts. Just keep an eye on ebay for a few months for parts that might be from your bike. It is alot less risky for theifs to sell parts then a whole bike with a vin.
Yea, i'm going to check ebay every-so-often to see if anything blue is being sold in the area. I drove around campus looking; I didn't really expect to find anything. The apartment complex has cameras that point to the pool and game room...I was hoping one possibly saw the entrance. However, I checked with the office and they don't...but they're going to put one up now. The staff felt really bad. One of them dates a Lafayette PD guy and called him to let him know. Once again, i'm sure it's either out of the state or in someone's garage. An audible alarm would've been nice; i'll definitely have one on my next bike.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
ohioVROD said:

Ya damn right GO BUCKS!!

But serious pants time now. Man you have my sympathy. I can't imagine what it's gotta feel like being stripped of your bike. Hopefully the PD takes it seriously and works on getting it back for you and hopefully, if you had the right kind, you're insurance will cover it and then you can get a brand new 08DX!!! Wouldn't be too bad of a trade in my opinion.

Peyton

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
So sorry for you!
Did you have insurance?

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
ohioVROD said:
It's probably one of those Ohio State felons!!! :hidesbeh: :wazzup:

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
No Insurance?? Might be worth going (e-mailing) to some of the dealers- Indy, Kokomo, and others with the serial number and putting it in the system as stollen.
Never know, it might show up for warranty repairs or Keys.....

Good luck finding it and keep riding!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Watch Craigslist also.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts