Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this site, it's a forum with lots of topics. The one below caught my eye and wanted to share - "Is the V-rod really a Harley?". I guess we were all fooled when Harley took our jack for this bike. Never new it was stamped "Made In Germany either! Have a laugh - the bullshit on these forums is great entertainment and this site (thread) is a real kick! Have a laugh!

http://harley1davidson.tribe.net/thread/063d51cd-8b25-4c45-a7c9-89bcdbe225e7

·
Factory Guy
244 Posts
"It's not a Harley, it's a Davidson!"

That's wat I say.

It's very funny how misinformation get propagated and how gullible people can be.

It's actually true about some of the engine components, like conn. rods and pistons, having 'Made in Germany' on them.

Come to K.C. for the rally and the factory tour and we'll show you.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Geez....80% of those people in there couldn't fill a thimble with their knowledge of the V Rod. If it makes their manliness feel better, who cares in the end.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
Lerenis said:
Geez....80% of those people in there couldn't fill a thimble with their knowledge of the V Rod. If it makes their manliness feel better, who cares in the end.
well the site says they're a 'tribe' ... nuff said ? give'm some decades to catch up

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KCStreetRodder said:
That's wat I say.

It's very funny how misinformation get propagated and how gullible people can be.

It's actually true about some of the engine components, like conn. rods and pistons, having 'Made in Germany' on them.

ya, it is true, I've even heard the phrase "world bike" as parts supposedly come from all over. That's ok with me.
Funny - I remember when NOT being a Harley was a good thing!
I had an old school guy wearin' colors and all look at my DX and state: "I can't believe that things a #$%^ing Harley!" I replied: ya, either can I!

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Everyone knows V-Rods are really manufactured in China.
They only crate them in the US so you don't see a bunch of Chinese all over the box. :rofl2:

Except the engine... that's actually made in Mongolia since that is where you find lots of cheap gerbils. And it's really gerbils that power our bikes.
There a bunch of them in the engine that run on a wheel with a gear on it.

Max took one apart once and took pictures of it, so I KNOW it is true.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
I like the comment about ........."why hasn't the MOCO stuffed the new motor into a dyna yet." If they knew what they where talking about they would have known that was the first thing that the MOCO did and decided it looked like :barf: ,thats when they decided that the new bike needed a new radical look.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
traktime said:
Ran across this site, it's a forum with lots of topics. The one below caught my eye and wanted to share - "Is the V-rod really a Harley?". I guess we were all fooled when Harley took our jack for this bike. Never new it was stamped "Made In Germany either! Have a laugh - the bullshit on these forums is great entertainment and this site (thread) is a real kick! Have a laugh!

http://harley1davidson.tribe.net/thread/063d51cd-8b25-4c45-a7c9-89bcdbe225e7
You have found the very reason that 1130cc.com exists.

·
drag racer
422 Posts
My neighbor told me "Its not a real harley". I have spent the last 3 weeks riding past his house waving as he worked on his ultraglide trying to get it back on the road.:stilpoke:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
rjrivero said:
You have found the very reason that 1130cc.com exists.
and I'm glad of it :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Yeah! check the on our forum and you might be able to find the GAS Cap!:bash:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
sammy said:
I like the comment about ........."why hasn't the MOCO stuffed the new motor into a dyna yet." If they knew what they where talking about they would have known that was the first thing that the MOCO did and decided it looked like :barf: ,thats when they decided that the new bike needed a new radical look.
not to mention the bike had to be built around the new motor... it needed a split upper frame because it had so much power they thought it would kill the dinosaur frame they have been using since 1776

·
Banned
579 Posts
Bike is too small for me a 6'1?? Give me a break, I'm 6'1 and the bike fits me fine, I actually had one of my buddies who is 6'7 take it around the block and he said he's hooked

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
not to mention the bike had to be built around the new motor... it needed a split upper frame because it had so much power they thought it would kill the dinosaur frame they have been using since 1776

Uh....big 124 cu in motors that push out 120hp and 140ft lbs of torque don't kill those frames...

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
Uh....big 124 cu in motors that push out 120hp and 140ft lbs of torque don't kill those frames...
just quoteing the concerns that HD expressed when they designed the vrod

ford also went with a cast engine in the 03 400 hp cobras because they felt the block would split, mine makes 700hp on the aluminum block and is fine too.....HD was just concerned that the old frame wouldnt be strong enough to be reilable, and they built something better

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
DAT DUN DERE BAIK AINT NOT MADE IN UHMERICA ITS A JAP BAIK SO ITS NAWT A HARLEE GIT R DUN YEEHAW

.....since when is Kansas City not in America?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Best of both Worlds...

...The V-Rod is the only Harley I want to ride...
It appeals to me in a way no other Harley does...
Riding for thirty plus years this is my first Harley...
I see it as the refined performance machine it is,
a blending of German Refinement and American innovation.
The result is a breathtaking machine, now I go riding :)

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
KCStreetRodder said:
That's wat I say.

:plause: Davidson all the way.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
WOW!...the tribe huh.... smart bunch they are. Remind me never to join the tribe.
i dunno what made me giggle more...the not made in america.
or the 6'1" guy.....made in germany on the motor....Bwhahhahahahahahaha!!!!!
Holy cow... they get to vote and get the same rights as me?
who am i kidding, they probably get more.

95% of the ppl on this planet are asleep and only need a nearby WalMart, HBO, and and SUV to know alls right with the world.

Ill be shaking my head for a few hours on TRIBE and their wisdom.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts