Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was kind of weird. It was really nice in GA/AL. We were surprised by the sheer number of other couples out riding.
What was really strange was everywhere we stopped somebody came up to us and said something to the effect of "Oh wow, a V-rod! I've seen those in magazines/on TV/etc, but I've never seen a real one." We're like ghosts, UFOs and bigfoot, glimpsed but never actually seen.
I heard a few myths about our bikes, the only true one was 0-60 in under 3 1/2 seconds. I convinced one Goldwinger that the V-rod is the fastest bike on the road. He didn't realize that I passed on the straight THEN lost him in the twisties. He was certain we disapeared over the horizon on the straight. He wouldn't believe I never broke 100, or that my top-end is only 142.
Oh well, it made for a good day of riding. The big ol' 101st patch on the back of my jacket helped also.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Kind of amazing, but I have seen it, as well. I have been to events with other VRODDERS, and folks are amazed. One memorable quote "I had never seen one, now I get to see 6!" Still fun!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I get "thumbs up" from ricers, cagers - randomly - pretty much everywhere I ride. Bike always attracts "lookers" - wherever I park.

The REAL PAYOFF for mod fever though, is when the salesman and techs at HARLEY STEALERSHIPS all come out to check my DX out, pointing at stuff - "oooh-ing and ahhhh-ing" like little kids. Tells me I'm doing SOMETHING RIGHT (for a change).

Downside of the (red-headed-stepchild syndrome) mystique of VRSC ownership, is that most of the REALLY COOL stuff for these bikes was developed RIGHT HERE, by trial-and-error over the course of years, by VRSC OWNERS THEMSELVES, without a whole lot of support from the MANUFACTURER...

Rick

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a side note, Atlanta HD had 3 used and new V-rods in stock Saturday morning. At 3pm they had none. DX, R, F, used and new flat black on denim white (really good looking) F all sold.
In all four dealerships within an hour of my house, all the career sales people know us for our D. THAT'S cool.

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
A bunch of Detroit area guys and myself (as well as some Ohio guys) went to Dayton for a benefit for a fallen biker.

Anyway, there was like 8 of us or so. When we pulled in pretty much everyone was the same way "Man, never seen one, let alone 8!!"

This is the only H-D I would ever own. Pretty much hate all the H-D lifestyle stuff and pretty much every other bike H-D makes.
I can appreciate them, but really isn't one other I could ever see myself riding.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
i must agree, the Vrod is not a HD...its its own bike and world!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had my bike now for 4 years and can't believe I am just now finding this sight. With that said and to stay on topic, Since the very first time I parked my bike in a public setting there has been people that stare and give thumbs up and just genuinely appreciate the V-Rod. Now after having the Boss-Noss set up on the bike for almost 2 years there is a small mob at almost every stop. If it is at another "biker" type setting then it takes 10-20 minutes to defuse the crowd and leave....the girlfriend hates the fact that the bike is getting more attention than her sometimes ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
First week I had the D I was oogled at stop lights three times and gas station mechs came out of the bay for a look. Dealer says he can't keep them in stock, new or used.

I love it--the bike and the attention it gets.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
People have no idea what kind of bike mine is or who makes it till they get up close enough to read "Harley Davidson" on it in the 649 places where Harley put. I've seen strangers taking pictures of it. Still baffles me they don't sell worth a shit in the US.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was at a Patriot Guard mission yesterday and one of other riders said to me "That's that new Harley-Davisons isn't it?" I answered " Yes if you considered a model introduced in 2002 NEW"

·
Kiss the Ring
2,203 Posts
I can never set a foot down without someone coming up to me with "Oh, that's the new harley!!" Line... Used to be "What is it, it's gorgeous!".

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Lets just face the facts, V Rods and their owners are ****ing AWESOME!
:D:):moped::broke::broke::moped::):D

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
A bunch of Detroit area guys and myself (as well as some Ohio guys) went to Dayton for a benefit for a fallen biker.

Anyway, there was like 8 of us or so. When we pulled in pretty much everyone was the same way "Man, never seen one, let alone 8!!"

This is the only H-D I would ever own. Pretty much hate all the H-D lifestyle stuff and pretty much every other bike H-D makes.
I can appreciate them, but really isn't one other I could ever see myself riding.
yeah. that was a good day MuVer. the ride in the morning was a little cold but was still a great day. it was pretty cool as we were getting ready to roll out and some lady stopped us to get pictures of our group.

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
A little more than a year ago I was cut off by some cager and went down. As I am pulling my bike out from under the guys car and out of the road some guy comes running out of a restaraunt towards me. Does not ask if I am ok or anything, wants to know what kind of a bike it is, that is is amazing and he has never seen one like it before.

As I am a bit messed up and loopy I look at him and simply say "are you f****** kidding me! Buddy, I just got hit by f****** car and you want to know what kind of a f******* bike this is?!" Don't know where he went after as the cops and paramedics were on me at that point.

Makes me laugh today, was pretty pissed then.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I still get asked who built my DX umm its all stock. I was at a light and a pretty girl leans over her boyfriend and says Thats a nice bike. He pushes her back in her sat and then tells me its a nice bike.

I was ridding once and a girl was on the back of a softtail wearin a shirt that aksed dose this bike make my butt look fast? I pull up point and say No! but this one will. Needless to say the softail dude was pissed but all he saw was the dog ass of the DX.

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
It is truly an amazing bike. I never had one that gave me as big a smile as this one does and like everyone above, wherever I stop I get all sorts of jaw dropping looks. The last time I gassed up this guy asked me "is that a custom bike??". I said nope, stock except for all of the chrome.. Most are amazed that it's a Harley when told (not that it matters to me)..

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Everywhere I go I have people gawk at my VRSC. Hooters Bike night is the only spot where I can sorta fly undercover & not have to answer 100 questions about the bike. I kinda blend right in, lol

Oh yea & one reaction that I find funny is that when they ask & I tell them the bike is 7+ years old. They say something like "No way... I thought it was like a 2009 model or something". haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
:angeldev:On my way back from work 2 weeks ago a guy and his family stopped next to me at a light and were thoughtful enough to warn me that they were just looking at my cool bike. a nice feeling and looking forward to more this summer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
by the way, i've never been to Hooters and my wife won't let me go. Am I missing something?

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
by the way, i've never been to Hooters and my wife won't let me go. Am I missing something?
Only on bike night.

Maybe I saw the mystique of the V-rod on Veteran's Day in 2006, when we bought it. Since then it's been my daily rider. It's gotten the point nobody at work asks if I rode in unless the weather is crappy. Even then most just check to see if I'm wearing boots or shooes. Boots, I rode.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts